THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 12, 2008

From the Desk 5/12/2008

I woke up this morning actually feeling cold. Apparently leaving the windows cracked last night cooled the apartment down very effectively. I had some hot tea and a couple of Stacy's muffins for breakfast. (I can't let free food go to waste) I got to work and began to schedule out my tasks for the week. Most of the high priority items on my plate need the help of Mike teaching me how to export the mailing lists, update sections of the website, and modify some items on the managers' page. We set a meeting for Wednesday where we could block out a couple of hours to cover the areas I need training to work on. I also worked on a smaller sign for the stores to use to highlight new products that aren't on the bookcases. I spent a bit of time before lunch learning some more about Adobe Illustrator and drew this orange juice carton from scratch including the sunny graphic and nutrition information.

After I got back from lunch I met with Chris about the next few weeks of preparation. Chris told me that she and Dave were going to be gone for a good part of June on vacations so we had to get as much done as possible before the Back-to-School rush hit so we wouldn't be scrambling when time was limited. We sketched out roughs of the flyers promoting The School Box as the experts on the Georgia Classroom Gift Card given to each teacher in the state of Georgia by Gov. Sonny Perdue. We will send flyers to the bookkeepers first to alert them to how we plan to help teachers out with our special offers (and save them money) and then will mail out to our teacher mailing list the specific details about when the cards are usable, our extended store hours, and other opportunities for discounts. I worked on these pieces for the remainder of the afternoon.

Our planned trip to hike Kennesaw Mountain fell through as Mike and I were extremely tired from the weekend and Carmen woke up early this morning with a migraine. So I went home after work and took a nap to try and recover so I could spend some time on the video. I did sleep a little, but mostly just rested and relaxed. I received a call from the truck driver from ABF Freight Lines alerting me that he would be delivering the TV to my parents' house soon. Dad called me after he dropped it off to let me know that it had arrived safely. I ate some dinner and then worked on the video for a bit. I got the intro video and menus done on the ceremony video, which is what my goal for tonight was. I also did a couple of loads of laundry. I decided to knock that out at the beginning of the week so I didn't have to worry about it over the weekend. I once again had the window open to cool down the apartment, but I think I will stop off by the office tomorrow and ask them to have someone come out and check the air conditioner because it should be working more efficiently than it currently is. I went to sleep watching Disturbia (which probably isn't the best movie to relax and go to sleep to, but it didn't seem to phase me).

Meditation for the day: Psalm 33:22 " May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you."

0 comments: