THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, July 12, 2008

From the Desk 7/11/2008

Time at work today seemed to pass fairly quickly which was unusual for a Friday. I spent part of the morning making copies of pre-purchase slips in preparation of the Georgia Classroom Gift Card early shopping that we are offering our customers. The copier was acting up as usual so to offset the consistent jamming that it was experiencing on each run of copies, I set it to copy an extra 5 copies per set. Of course, in doing so, the copier ceased to jam at all and I ended up with extra copies for each set. It never works out easily with technology, does it? I really need to go to the store to do some grocery shopping because I really didn't have any food to bring for lunch today. I went home for lunch and enjoyed my time away from my desk, even though it didn't last long enough.

After lunch I met with Chris and we went over the plan for the remaining mass emails to promote the details of the Classroom Gift Card and announce the dates for our special Back-to-School Savings. I worked on an outline/ draft of a sign to promote the tax Holiday in both Georgia (July 31-August 3) and Tennessee (August 1-3) I continued to make copies in spurts as to not monopolize the copier (though it seemed that everyone left early so there was really no one to interfere with my copies). The time had rolled around to 4:30 and Vickie called over to my desk to tell me to go ahead and go home early if I wanted to. I of course said yes, and I headed home after talkking to Chrisitna to see if we were doing anything tonight. She said she would call me after she talked to Leslie to see what she wanted to do.

I went home and almost fell asleep on the couch before Chrsitina called. She swung by the apartment and picked me up. We went over to Leslie's house and met her and Bill. We all piled in Bill's car and went to iHop to grab some dinner. I had the New Your Cheesecake pancakes ith scrambled eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns. Needless to say, I was about to explode from the sheer amount of food I consumed. After that we made a brief stop off at Target to pick up batteries for the radio and snacks for Christina and I. We then drove down to the drive-in theater in Atlanta to view a double feature. This was my first experience at a drive-in and it seemed like it would be fun. There was no clouds so rain wasn't going to be an issue (for once) and the temperature wasn't too bad either. The first movie, Hancock, began at 9:30 and it was really good. I had heard mixed reviews, but in the end it was worth the cost of the ticket. The second movie, which began around 11:15, was You Don't Mess With the Zohan. This was Adam Sandler's latest comedy about an Israeli special forces agent who leaves the country for America where his one dream is to be a hair dresser. The movie had some funny parts, but overall was lacking in a engaging plot and a strong enough supporting cast to maintain interest. We ended up leavin about 45 minutes in to the movie as it was simply not very good. We arrived back at Leslie's and after getting some gas Christina dropped me off at my apartment. I was exhausted and about to fall asleep as it was now 2:05am and I was running on not much sleep to begin with. My head hit the pillow and the only though I remember before falling asleep was that I would still be tired since I had to get up and drive to Chickamauga tomorrow to hike with Aunt Paula, Amy, Laura, and Zach.

Meditation for the day: John 15:10 “If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.”

0 comments: