THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

From the Desk 9/23/2008

Weekly update:

Friday morning (9/19) I worked at home on the video I filmed earlier of Leland teaching a workshop on the CRCT Test and how to raise test scores. We will hopefully use this video and slides as a training tool to better educate our employees on what books will help on certain subjects/types of questions. I had to run into the office on my way out of town to adjust the margins on a Fall Product flyer that we were sending out to get printed. I made the adjustments, and then headed to Knoxville. Once I arrived, I visited with my friends at the Knoxville School Box, got an oil change (about 2,000 miles overdue!), and then cleaned my car interior at my parents' house. I met Hickey at Movies for Sale and we went to film the rehearsal of Elizabeth's wedding in Maryville. After filming we ended up at Applebee's from 10:00pm until they closed (literally we were the last customers out the door) at 1:45am.

Saturday (9/20) I got a haircut, met Chris and Jubin at Farragut Admiral Park for 9 holes of frisbee golf, and then got ready for the wedding. I picked up Hickey and we made our way to Mt. Carmel Baptist Church. We filmed the few shots we needed before going to eat lunch with Chan at Mr. Gatti's and stopping at Walmart for batteries. The filming of the wedding went great as I was able to film from an angle that I normally don't have as an option. The video should turn out really well! After filming Hickey and I met Paulette and Roger Chandler and Paul Walker to get pictures for the slideshow for Amy's rehearsal in 2 weeks. I stopped off by my parents house and then after dropping off Hickey, I headed home. I got home around 9:30 and was exhausted as it seemed that I had done nothing but drive all weekend. Christina came over for a little bit and then I went to bed, falling asleep very quickly.

Sunday (9/21) I picked up Christina and we went to His Hands. After the service we went to Stacy's to check on Cooper as Satcy was out of town. He seemed quite happy to see us and after about an hour of hanging with him, we went to Chili's for some lunch. After lunch we stopped by the apartment to get the Wii and a movie. We watched Robin Hood: Men in Tights at Stacy's while keeping Cooper company. After that we stopped by Krogers and got some hamburger patties and then went to Leslie and Brian's housewarming party. It was a blast. We played Guitar Hero and threw around the frisbee for a bit before grilling dinner. Leslie, Brian, Christina, me, Shannon, and Vincent were in attendance. We hung around the fire pit outside in the perfect weather as Brian manned the grill. We ate hamburgers, baked potatoes, baked beans, pasta salad, regular salad, squash and zuchinni for dinner. It was a grand feast that was delicious. After dinner we played more Wii and then eventually got into Wii sports. We stayed longer than I realized and ended up leaving around 11:30. I left the Wii at LEslie and Brian's so Ryan, her son who was too tired to play when he arrived, could play some this week. Besides, I have video work to do and could use the elimination of that distraction. I crashed into my bed after dropping Christina off at her apartment.

Meditation for the week: The message of this week's sermon at His Hands:

Matthew 7:7-12

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

0 comments: