THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 24, 2008

This Week in Pictures

Foreword: I know I have been terrible about posting updates, but things have been crazy busy at work and are looking to increase even more! Things have also been a bit hectic with my friend Leslie's wedding and the hassles and problems that have arisen because of things not happening as they should have have kept me scrambling at the last minute and away from my computer. I apologize to those of you who have been awaiting an update. As I do not remember the dates that everything happened I will just post pictures with descriptions and leave out the specifics.

Hiking picked back up and I actually hiked the 2 mile trail up to the top of Kennesaw Mountain and back down 3 times in one week! It is a part of my hiking at least 20 miles a month program. So far in the month of October: 14 miles (I'm gonna have to step it up next week)


I finally found a Frisbee golf course nearby and someone to play with, Leslie's (now husband) Brian! We played 18 holes one Saturday and then the morning of his wedding we played 36 holes with his friend from Birmingham, Ray. It was amazing weather both times we played and this course has a good mix of clearings and trees with moderate distances.

Christina and I spent one Sunday evening with Leslie, Brian, and Ryan (their son). We met at Monster Golf, which is an indoor putt-putt course that is decorated with scary pictures and characters illuminated by black lights. The course was fun, but poorly designed as there is no divider between the holes so if you have children this isn't the best place to take them as focus and staying in your section of the course is essential. I was especially disturbed by the picture of the dog holding its own head...really, who are the people that came up with this? We ate some dinner at Mellow Mushroom and then played some Wii back at my apartment. Definitely a fun day!

On October 18th, Leslie and Brian were married. The ceremony was beautiful and the weather was perfect. I was limited to my involvement in filming this event as I was a groomsman in the wedding. I was able to capture very little of the reception, but it will have to do. I managed to coerce my boss, Dave, into operating the one moving camera that was mandatory for the recording to be even mediocre. I was glad he was able to fill in on such short notice, but still felt bad having to keep him from enjoying the festivities. This is my last wedding I will film as PAT Entertainment is being retired. It has become too much of a hassle for me to drive to Knoxville to film and increasingly difficult to find dependable help for other projects. The two photos you see here were taken by Dave during the reception time of the evening. (A side note, Christina was in another wedding that same evening and managed to catch the bouquet at that reception...the jokes have been flowing from my co-workers ever since)

On Wednesday night, Christina and I went to The Hotel Cafe: Concert Tour at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta. This tour was kind of like a Storytellers Concert in that no one artist played all their songs in a row. One artist would play a couple of songs and then another would come out. They also frequently performed songs together. It was a very good show and we had a great view as we were standing only 10 feet from the stage. I had heard of a couple of the artists before, but enjoyed them all. Here is the list of who we saw preform that night: Samantha Crain, Katie Herzig, Erin McCarley, Ingrid Michaelson, Meiko, and Priscilla Ahn. Their music was beautiful and demonstrated the versatility of each artist to sing various styles of songs. One of my favorites was the song "Forevermore" by Katie Herzig as it used the children's song "playmate" as the chorus. I highly recommend all these artists.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forevermore was written by Katie Herzig, one of my favorites! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great show!! Meiko is my new favorite artist - I just bought her album on iTunes!