THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Closer to being a Georgian

I began this morning waking up to a very cold day with the sky being littered with lots of flakes of snow. That meant that when I went out, there was no one on the roads. That is comforting to know that people down here at least have the sense to know that if they aren't comfortable driving in the snow, they shouldn't try. (Or maybe its because it was at 8:00am, you decide) I got my new driver's license and a one step closer to belonging in the state of Georgia. I think that my picture came off great considering the potential for a disastrous picture that seems to haunt most people on this particular form of ID.

Next on the agenda for the day was to pick up Cooper from the vet where Stacy had him boarded while she was out of town. I arrived there, without getting lost I might add, and picked Cooper up. He was terrified and constantly shaking the entire car ride to Stacy's house. When we arrived I called Stacy to let her know that her child was home and fine. It was a good thing that she didn't hang up quickly because I soon discovered that the key she gave me, wasn't working. I tried every trick I could think of, but the lock wasn't going to budge. I told Stacy not to worry, I would bring Cooper by once she got home. So for the remainder of the day I was hangin' with Mr. Cooper. (yes this is a reference to a sub-par but still funny TV sitcom that was on during the mid 90's) Cooper was a good companion for the day. He didn't make much noise (except for the occasional snoring while dreaming) and he didn't eat anything or pee on anything. He did however leave little white hairs all over everything! Oh well, that will give me something to do tomorrow...cleaning!

I also got a chance to play Command and Conquer 3 online with Jubin for a couple of hours. We hadn't played in some time and we had to get back in the groove before we were able to totally dominate our adversaries. I watched The Bourne Ultimatum tonight and I think Cooper liked it as much as I did-or perhaps he didn't really care because he was passed out asleep on my big blue blanket. I ended up dropping Cooper back off at Stacy's, after their flight was delayed due to weather, around 11:30. I probably should go to sleep now seeing as how I'm going to try and get up and go visit a church tomorrow morning.

Meditation of the day: Job 22:23-27 " If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored: If you remove wickedness far from your tent and assign your nuggets to the dust, your gold of Ophir to the rocks in the ravines, then the Almighty will be your gold, the choicest silver for you. Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God. You will pray to him, and he will hear you, and you will fulfill your vows.

0 comments: