THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 9, 2008

A New Day

This morning I woke up at 9:30 and was about to rush to get ready to go to a church service when I glanced at my cell phone on the coffee table and suddenly remembered that the time change was last night...or, if you're like me, it occurred precisely when you realized you needed to be somewhere else. I promptly changed all of my clocks to avoid any further delay in "getting with the times". I decided that rather than walking in late and having everyone stare at me, I would go and listen to songs of worship & praise while running on the treadmill. This experience was obviously different from attending a worship service a a church, but was at the same time relaxing and very worshipful. The only thing I was focusing on was the lyrics of the songs (and not falling off the treadmill).

When I returned to my apartment, I signed onto MySapce and saw that I had a comment from Cooper thanking me for keeping him all day yesterday. I also stumbled across a new artist that I have come to identify with her lyrics lately. Her name is Marie Digby and she is an emerging artist who plays piano and guitar. She uses her life experiences to compose the lyrics for her original songs and her song Traffic hit particularly close to home right now. You should look her up on You Tube to hear some of her work. I also fixed myself some scrambled eggs (with cheese), bacon, and toast for brunch today.

I watched the UT Men's Vols beat South Carolina soundly (89 to 56) after a close 1st half (38 to 37). I then spent the afternoon vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms and kitchen, and doing laundry. I probably should go to the store seeing as how I have no bread, milk, smoothie ingredients, or much else that is edible without the previously mentioned food substances. I watched the UT Lady Vols win their 13th SEC Championship Title by defeating the LSU Lady Tigers in a very physical and close game. Seeing as how I must prepare for the work week that will surely be filled with lots of time playing catch-up from everyone being gone last week, I will say good night and have a good start to your week.

Meditation for the day: (This does not come from scripture, but I thought it was something that could be interpreted the same)

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...its about learning to dance in the rain." ~Anonymous

0 comments: