THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Breathe Me....

Today began with not much to do at work. That soon changed after I arrived. The morning started out wonderfully as it seems that the only clock I forgot to change yesterday was my alarm clock! I awoke at 7:30 and still managed to shower, get ready, and make it to work by 8:00. Today at work I sent a rough of the summer learning flyer I've been working on for the past 2 days to the powers that be so we can make corrections and then move forward to printing. I also had a chance to design the card holders for our new gift cards (that's right, cards not paper certificates with hand written totals) and Dave said he loved my design. I'll bring one into town once they are printed so you can see my masterful creativity (waiting for lightning to strike....no, nothing?....well ok then). I also helped Sue prepare a quote for an organization that needed supplies for 90 locations around Atlanta! I actually was working with her on that until I left work around 5:40pm.

After I got home I grabbed a quick bite to eat and then was on my way to pick up Stacy for our concert adventure. She wanted to take me to this concert as thanks for picking up/watching her dog Cooper. I told her she didn't have to, but I really wanted to see this artist in concert. We went to the Variety Playhouse, a venue located in the heart of Atlanta. I drove and we neither died nor got lost! (See God still works miracles!) The first act was a little disturbing to say the least. I'm not going to go into great detail, but the lead singer was about 40 pounds too heavy to be wearing what he was wearing (or by the end of the show, what he wasn't) and to be dancing like he was dancing! (insert mental picture here of Jim Belushi dancing like Michael Jackson in the music video Bad) I'm sure there will be tons of videos on You Tube tomorrow. Just look for the band Har Mar Super Star if you dare. Sia was the headliner for tis show and she was great. She is originally from Australia, but like most Aussie's she ventured to Britain to break into the music scene. She was a back-up vocalist for Jamaroquoi and eventually went out on her own. She has a very powerful, soulful and jazz filled voice. She is very short and thin, but can belt out smooth, sweet notes with an opera singer's volume and clarity. It was a phenomenal performance, and I intend to purchase her newest CD Some People Have REAL Problems. Her last song Breathe Me was particularly beautiful and moving both musically and lyrically. I highly recommend listening to this song if you get the opportunity. We arrived back in Kennesaw and I dropped Stacy off around 11:45. Now it's time to get some sleep so I can be somewhat creative tomorrow, should I be called upon to do so.

0 comments: