THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I can almost smell the ocean...


Today time passed quite slow as I suspected it would. All I could think about was what I had to pack and what I thought I would forget to pack. I spent the first part of the day going through some tutorials online to expand my knowledge of Photoshop and how to make files from there work better in InDesign. I also got 2 more requests for donations and sponsorships to add to my large stack of things to get approval/denial from Dave. I went back to my apartment during lunch and began the packing process. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped, but at least there was some visible progress made. I finished out the day at work talking breifly with Dave and Chris about what flyers I will be producing and what flyers I will be designing layouts only. Basically it boils down to what is a more valuable use of my time: flyer production or customer database management. Obviously the second is the more important seeing as how we can have the best sales pieces in the world, but if they aren't getting to the right people they are a waste of time and money. So....the 7 pages of the back-to-school flyer I have worked on for the past 2 days are no longer my responsibility. That is both slightly frustrating and slightly relieving as I wasn't really looking forward to tracking down 16 pages worth of high-res images. I wrapped up a few loose ends that I could do before tomorrow.

I went home and began furiously packing. I realized that I was actually packing for 2 trips. First for Charleston, and then for my 2 day layover in Knoxville for Easter weekend. This complicated things a little as I decided that packing for both trips at the same time was a faster way to work. I was wrong. I only succeeded in confusing myself and delaying any real progress. Once I got things sorted out, I loaded up my bags with clothes and supplies for my trips. I then prepped my laptop to take with me, freeing up disk space to hold music and photos we take on our adventure. I am almost like a young child on Christmas morning, waiting in anticipation of the onset of the next day where new adventures await me and my friends. I hope that we find an answer to our email seeking an interview with the owners of Camp Tunawanda, the film location for the movie Happy Campers. I suppose I ought to get more sleep tonight so I will be more alert to drive to Knoxville in the severe storms predicted to follow me on the road tomorrow. I will try and keep posting each day on my trip to keep you up to date on our adventures. For now I'll leave you with the meditation for the day.

Meditation for the day: I am hoping to hear God's voice speaking to my heart on this trip. I have had a hard time lately trying to decide where to start picking up the pieces. Pray that I meet with the Almighty staring at the vast sky littered with stars at night on the beach were I hope to find solitude and comfort.

1 Kings 19:11-13

"The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
Then a voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

0 comments: