THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The luck of the Irish

I started off today actually remembering to wear my green dress shirt to work today. I usually forget things like that, but I figured being the new guy in the office if I neglected to participate in this festive day, I would surely be red all over from the ferocious pinching I would receive. The office was relatively quiet today as Dave, Vickie, and Stacy were all off work for various reasons. I got about 4 pages done on the back to school flyer which was 2 more than I planned this week. I have decided to not focus solely on that flyer every day, but instead spread it out so I can still get other things done. Its not like there is a huge rush for this to be finished as it won't be printed until June. The day passed relatively quickly, which is good. I figured it might drag on as I am not really focused on work, but instead longing to be walking on the beach at night in Charleston with two of my best friends.

After work ended I went back to the apartment to do some things (aka laundry) to begin getting ready for Charleston. I was able to do more than I thought before I had to leave to go over to Stacy's. I drove to Stacy's and met her and her two friends, Kristy and Stephanie, who were visiting from Miami. I followed them to Marietta Square, which is similar to Knoxville's Market Square, but it was much bigger. We were expecting a large crowd to be present to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but it really wasn't very busy. We were able to easily find parking and then walked to Hemingway's Bar and Grille where we met Tausha (from the School Box) and another Stephanie (one of Stacy's friends from Smyrna, GA). It was an interesting blend of food available on the menu. They had traditional bar food, but also had several tropical themed dishes. This was no doubt in honor of where Ernest Hemingway lived for a portion of his life. I ordered the jerk wings. They were very peppery, but not too greasy and had quite a bit of meat on the bones. We got to listen to a variety of music while there was Monday night trivia going on in the background. We heard everything from Outkasts' "I'm Sorry Miss Jackson" to Kiss' "Detroit Rock City". I was hoping to sample some green beer jst to say I had the experience, but they ran out before we got around to ordering it. Oh well, perhaps it was for the best (I can't imagine it would taste good). It got to be close to 11:30 and Tausha and I decided that since we had to be at work at 8am the next morning we were calling it a night. I followed Tausha back to I-75 and then found my own way home. It isn't really as bad to drive around the metro Atlanta area as people think. I got home and did a few things then fell victim to sleep deprivation and called it a night.

Mediation for the day (In preparation for being on the beach at night looking at the vast sky filled with stars and realizing how small we really are): 1 Chronicles 4:40 "They found rich, good pasture, and the land was spacious, peaceful and quiet."

0 comments: