THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 4, 2008

From the Desk 5/4/2008

This morning I woke up and had a tasty smoothie, graciously made by my mother, for breakfast before heading off to CBCB for worship. I ended up working in the booth as there was no one else present to assist Gary Casteel in running the board. After the conclusion of the service, I went to Target on my way back to my parents' house to pick up a car charger for my new cell phone. The battery had dies at some point during the night and I determined that it would be difficult for Hickey to call me when we needed to meet up for the UT baseball game if he couldn't because my phone was dead. (it is scary how much we rely on technology) I bought an off brand charger for about half the cost of what I would have paid at Verizon so I was not terribly unhappy at making this forced purchase. I returned to the house where I packed up everything I brought this weekend, changed clothes, and then left to run some errands. I bought gas, got a car wash, went to Super Target, and finally ended up at Pac Sun in Turkey Creek to procure a hat to shield my face from the sun at the UT Baseball game.

I got the call from Hickey and went to his house. There I picked up him and Chris and along the way we picked up Justin at his brother-in-law Jessie's house. We made a quick stop by Wendy's for some food and then headed up to UTK to watch the final game in the UT vs. Vanderbilt series. UT had not had good luck in the series so far as they had lost both of the previous game they played recently. We left before the game ended, so I can confirm if the outcome of this game was the same or not. While we were there, we noticed that there were several mascots and business "icons" present for this game. We were very confused until the announcer blasted that it was sponsor appreciation day at the park. That is why I have captured this lovely video for you to watch. It is a relay that usually they select two children from the stands to participate in, but if you have people dressed up suits that make them uncoordinated why not take advantage of that instead.


After we left the game I dropped everyone off at their respective locations and then hit the road home. Stacy had called during the game and said that she would be cooking dinner for herself tonight and if I want to I could join her. Of course, I responded "yes" and asked what time did I need to leave to make it for dinner. I called her on the drive home and updated her periodically to my location so she could begin to cook dinner for us. I arrived back in Kennesaw around 7:45pm and headed straight to Stacy's as no doubt she was starving from having to wait on me to arrive in town. When I arrived she told me she was fixing us a pork tenderloin, but when she checked on it, it had not cooked much at all. She determined that something was amiss with her oven and so we went to McAlister's to grab some dinner. I had the club (no tomato) and some much needed sweet tea to keep me awake after my drive home. I returned to my apartment and unpacked a few things before going to sleep for some much needed rest after my day in the sun (note the picture demonstrating my apparent inability to use sun screen properly)

Meditation for the day: "After we have felt that kind of pain we are better off because then we have nothing to be afraid of. Then we can truly live" ~ Forgetting Sarah Marshall

0 comments: