THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 9, 2008

From the Desk 5/9/2008

I woke this morning after a fairly restless night of sleep. I kept waking up ever few hours so when my alarm went off at 6:45am, my first reaction was to backhand it across the room. After it screamed for the third time of hitting the snooze button I finally got up. I drank the rest of the smoothie I fixed yesterday for breakfast as well as a muffin from the batch that Stacy gave me. On my way to work the contact in my left eye begin to bother me. Once I got to work, it became even worse and eventually I decided to take it out and leave it in a case for a while. This made it interesting to walk/see/do anything since I saw half blurry and half clear. Mike, Kimdi, Chris, Stacy, and I met at from 9:00 – 10:15 for the first website committee meeting. We will have these meetings ever Friday morning and put a max of 1 hour on the time limit for the meetings. We discussed the changes we would like to see made in the flow/operation of the website, the appearance, and how to go about fixing the glitches we have found. It was very productive and it appears as if I will now be taught a fair amount of Dreamweaver skills to be able to edit some of the pages we need to change.

We adjourned the meeting and I once again tried to put my contact in and hoped to find it comfortable now since it was hard to do anything else with it out. I tried and it felt much better. I began to add things to the new Marketing tab to our Google Doc that all the committee members share. I also met with Chris and altered two more ads for publications in June.I ran home for lunch today to pick up a package in the office that was delivered yesterday. It was my latest order of miniDV tapes, which came just in time since I needed them for the wedding tomorrow in Knoxville. I ate some of the food I saved from Stacy's before it started to go bad. I also put all of the video equipment into my car so I could leave to go to Knoxville directly after leaving my hike at Kennesaw Mountain. I spent the majority of the afternoon working on re-creating a flyer that we send out as an order form for the Summer Bridge books. This is a flyer that was originally created by Carson-Dellosa back in January and we asked them to alter some things for us. We have asked them twice since then for our revised copy, but kept getting the run around. So, I decided to just re-make it and include the changes we needed in the first place.

I left work and decided not to hike "The Mountain" as I needed to do a few things at the apartment before leaving and the skies also looked like potential rain clouds. I hit the road to Knoxville and found that traffic was light on my drive up. I also noticed the closer I got to Knoxville, the darker the sky became (not this is not due to the fact that it was nearing night time, but rather due to the strong storms that were rolling through the area). I saw lots of beautiful, but ominous, bright streaks of lightning running across the black sky, but managed to avoid any of the storms where I was driving. I stopped off and picked up Hickey and as we were going to grab a bit to eat we dropped off my filming equipment at my parents' house. We made our way back around to Hickey's and picked up some Taco Bell before watching a couple of episodes of "Are You Afraid of the Dark". I left there and headed out to the Tucker Summertime Inn off Pleasant Ridge Rd. I watched Jon play some Lost Odyssey before going to bed in my new hotel room. It came with similar amenities as my room at Le Chateau de Taylor as you can see by the picture here of the nightstand, lamp, and alarm clock. I have a feeling that a price war will ensue as competition for single room hotels in the Knoxville market are on the rise.

Meditation for the day: Psalm 65:4 "Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts! We are filled with the good things of your house, of your holy temple."

0 comments: