THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

From the Desk 7/2/2008

This morning I decided to get up a little early to begin importing media into the next wedding ceremony project. My goal is to have this finished by Friday so I can begin the reception on Saturday and finish the while thing on Sunday. I worked on that and then got ready and headed into work. On the way to work I saw something that made me cringe: gas was $4.05 per gallon! At work today I worked with Chris on finalizing the website flyer concerning the GA Classroom Gift Card and then had to run out to Printing Impressions to pick up some extra signs for the BTS sale. Once I had the next batch of signs I begin printing the details on them. Later this afternoon I will divide them all up into envelopes to be distributed to the stores. I took my lunch break a little early and watched a couple of episodes of That 70's Show while dining.

After lunch time seemed to stand still (no doubt because we only have to work 4 days this week) and I began to divide out the signs. I split them out and put the large signs, small signs, and labels for the small signs into envelopes for each store. I then ventured to the warehouse to package the vinyl posters for the metal racks in each store. It took longer than expected to pack them up as I kept having problems with the tape-gun getting twisted or not tearing off. I finally got them packed up and placed them on the pallets for each store. When I returned to my desk I begin to do some more research on the data mapping program we want to purchase to imporve our marketing targeting efforts. I found, through Amazon.com, that the newest version of this software will be released on July 21st, so we will wait until then to make the upgrade. It will probably not be utilized a whole lot until the second or third week of August due to the fact that BTS is creeping up behind all of us and hopefully will pass just as quickly. I worked with Vickie on corrections for the flyer for the website and then it came time to go home.

Before I left, I looked at Stacy's drive belt in her truck to determine if I thought she could make it to Charlotte and back without having it changed. The last service she got done they mentioned that she needed to have it replaced. Since I have seen one that needs to be replaced I offered my consulting services (non-qualified) and suggested that she should be fine to drive to Charlotte this weekend. I went home and immediately begin working on the ceremony video and got much more accomplished that I expected. I got the intro video done, the menus created, the tracks lined up, and the ceremony editied up to the bridal entrance! I then took a break to eat some dinner. Shortly after that I got a call from Christina as she had gotten out of class. She came over to watch a movie and tonight's selection was one I had borrowed from Stacy: Closer. It was an unusual film that was very descriptive in parts. It is not one that I would reccommend even though Natalie Portman did an amazing job portraying her character. We finished the movie and then caught the last part of an episode of Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel. I walked her to her car and then went inside to go to bed.

Meditation for the day: Matthew 25:21 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'"

0 comments: