THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 4, 2008

From the Desk 7/3/2008

This morning I woke up knowing that it would be a great day! I had this positive mindset in that it was the last day working this week and we had a three day weekend in front of us. I got ready and went to work. I worked on various little tasks throughout the morning. I also managed to squeeze in some time to work on cleaning up our mailing list database as the last time we sent addresses for a mailing there was an unusually large number of names that had something (possibly a misspelling in the city or state name) wrong with them that would prevent them from receiving our marketing pieces. I worked on that for about an hour and then it came time to have some lunch. I had originally planned to eat a Smart Ones ravioli that I had brought to eat for lunch, but I gave in to peer pressure and joined Carmen, Tausha, and Blair for lunch at Willy's. It was good food and lots of fun so I'll just justify that meal by saying that I will have something to eat on Monday.

After I got back from lunch I finalized the instructions to the managers for all the supplies to use to promote the BTS sale and what signs to use when. I packed up all of those instructions, a copy of the flyer, and the signs and labels I already had printed. I then went to the warehouse to place all of these packets into the tubs to go out to each store. My finishing of this project was welcomed by the warehouse as Chris had told them we would have the tubs out of the way by Tuesday, but delays happened and they became in the way at some point every day since then. I returned to my desk to find a folder with a project for Monday. I have to edit and reduce a mailing list to prepare for our next quarterly piece and then send the mailing list off to the printer to begin preparations for its production.

5:00 rolled around quicker than anticipated and I left work to go run some errands. I went to Rite Aid to pick up some medicine and a few odds and ins. I then went home and got ready for Christina to come over for a little bit before we went to a movie. We watched an episode of Two and a Half Men and then headed out to the theater. We were going to see Indiana Jones: and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls. We bought our tickets at 7:45pm and the lady taking tickets told us our theater was to the left. We walked down that direction and realized that the ticket counter had sold us tickets to the showing that begin at 7:30 instead of (the logical choice) the show that begin 15 minutes after we bought the tickets at 8:00. We wandered around until we found the theater that was showing the movie at 8:00 and grabbed our seats. Since it felt like a Friday night with no work tomorrow, it took me a moment to realize why the theater only had around 30 people in it to view the movie. The movie was very good. I was glad to see that they didn't update the sound effects for the fight scenes, the unrealistic explosions, and the over-the-top villains. If they had altered any of these elements it simply wouldn't have been Indy. After the movie we returned to my apartment and had some ice cream while watching several episodes of Boy Meets World. I walked Christina to her car and then we made plans for tomorrow night and the fireworks show downtown. I found that I would be meeting her parents and while that normally is a terrifying thing to imagine, I really wasn't phased. I figure that parents usually like me, and if I'm good enough to be dating Christina then her parents will like me too. I hope I'm right. We also made plans to go to a Braves game after church Sunday morning. I went back inside and quickly faded into a deep, restful sleep.

Meditation for the day: (In honor of tomorrow's holiday) Psalm 33:12 “Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance.”

0 comments: