THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 11, 2008

From the Desk 8/10/2008

This morning I slept in till around 10:30. I didn't go to church as Christina couldn't go because she had to be at work at 11:00 and I wasn't really comfortable going by myself. I grabbed my laptop and checked email and read some news articles while remaining warm and relaxed in bed. I finally drug myself out of bed around noon and ate some lunch. I showered and then began working on Elizabeth's picture disc for her wedding on September 20th. I managed to create the main title slide, lay down the music tracks, insert the pictures and transitions, and adjust the length of each picture clip to occupy the amount of time necessary for each song. After that I stopped working on that project for the day. I then went to play some Guitar Hero III and beat another 3 songs on the hard setting. I actually had to go into practice mode and work on the solo for one of the songs in order to beat the song in career mode. This was my first indication that the game is going to get much harder from here on out. I stopped after beating that song and finished up my last load of laundry and changed the sheets on my bed.

For the larger part of the early evening I decided to nap on the couch while watching bits and pieces of "Die Hard", "Dumb and Dumber", and "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" on TV. I probably collectively slept for 2 and a half more hours so I was certain that I would be well rested to begin the week. I cooked some taquitos for dinner and made too many for just me to eat. That turned out to be ok as Christina called shortly after that to let me know she was out of work and coming over. She ate the remaining taquitos and then we watched the last part of "School of Rock" on TBS. We then spent the rest of the evening watching various animated comedy shows ("Family Guy" and "American Dad") We finished the night with an episode of Family Matters before I walked Christina to her car. We said goodnight and I went back inside to go to sleep for as long as I could before acknowledging the beginning of the week at 6:30am.

Meditation for the day: Genesis 2:8 "The LORD God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.'"

0 comments: