THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, August 10, 2008

From the Desk 8/9/2008

This morning I slept in until around 11:30 when I finally managed to force myself out of bed. I feel that caught up on a significant amount of missed sleep from the past week. I of course vow to get more sleep next week, but what are the chances of that actually happening? I checked a few things online and then ate some lunch (too late in the day to be called breakfast). I then went to work on teaching myself a new song on the guitar that Hickey lent me. I found the tabs online for "Hang" by Matchbox 20 and proceeded to re-learn how to read them. Once I figured out that then I decided the next step would be to tune the guitar off my keyboard. It was very wrong to begin with, but that was to be expected as I don't think Hickey really plays it at all. I worked for about 45 minutes and finally learned all the chords and managed to put them together to resemble the song. I think it sounds decent for someone who really doesn't play the guitar and I added my own vocals to help the song's representation limp along.

I took a break from that and used my musical momentum to play some Guitar Hero III. I have now worked my way up through the first 3 sets of songs on the hard setting, which is more than I ever thought possible for someone as out of touch with video games as myself. I decided to get out of the apartment to run a couple of errands. I had spoken with Stacy about mowing the grass at her house today, but decided it was too hot and could wait until another day. I ran to Target and while in the area stopped off and dropped a note on Christina's car. It was an invitation to go get some dessert at The Marietta Diner after she got off work. I received a text saying that she would like that and wondered if Leslie and Bill could join us. I said of course, knowing that the more people there are in adventures at restaurants late at night, the more memorable the stories that get told to other friends are. I got home and watched part of a movie on TV while eating some dinner. Christina called around 9:45 and they were almost through at work so I headed to meet them at the Box.

After a brief debate on how many cars to take and who was driving we were on our way in my car. We arrived there about 10 minutes later and were seated immediately when we walked in the door. It was surprisingly busy for 10:15 on a Saturday night, but I'm told that it remains busy until around 2:00am. While Leslie and Bill ordered real food, Christina and I opted to enjoy only their legendary homemade desserts. I ordered a piece of White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse cake and Christina got a piece of The 7 Deadly Sins Chocolate cake. When my "slice" arrived I was almost speechless at the size of the piece on my plate. As you can see from the picture, the cake filled the entire plate that a dinner entree normally fills. (if Dad sees this picture, tell him to stop drooling....and yes it was that good!) It was rich and delicious, but I only was able to eat 1/3 of my piece. (otherwise you may have read about my bypass surgery to relive the amount of sugar clogging my arteries by the time I was done) I experienced an incredible rush of sugar as my legs were about to start running in place underneath the table.
We left the Diner and I dropped everyone off at their cars. I followed Christina to Leslie and Bill's where we watched "The Sword in the Stone". Leslie is a Disney movie enthusiast and that DVD had just arrived in the mail. I had forgotten how good of a movie it was, but even the superb-ness of the film was not enough to combat the sudden crash from the sugar high. I was not alone as during a certain part of the movie the TV speakers jarred all 4 of us awake with a sound effect from the film. We decided to take a rain check on the rest of the movie and I walked Christina to her car. We said goodnight and then I drove home. I didn't have far to go as Leslie and Bill live only 5 minutes down the road from me. I walked in and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.

Meditation for the day: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”

0 comments: