THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, August 9, 2008

From the Desk 8/8/2008

Well, Friday has finally arrived! It seemed like it was going to be a fairly good day. I slept straight through the night which netted me about 9 hours of sleep. I headed into work and saw that gas dropped once again, this time down to $3.70 per gallon. I got to work and decided to get me a cup of coffee on my way to my desk. I neglected to look at the coffee maker and notice that the red light was not on. That would have tipped me off to the fact that this coffee was from yesterday and was also ice cold. I figured that out on my own when I sipped from the mug expecting hot refreshing coffee and receiving a totally opposite experience. I quickly poured it out and began brewing a new pot for the office. Aimee, one of the regional managers, brought in Dunkin Donuts for everyone so I poured myself a cup of fresh coffee when I procured a donut for myself. I spent a good part of the morning refining the graphics needed to send to our website company to finalize the design of our Breast Cancer awareness homepage. I then ate the leftovers that Christina's mom sent to me. I ate lunch today in two parts. I first ate the shrimp and garlic bread with Mike, Carmen, Aimee and Blair. I then ate the piece of fish that Christina's dad had caught with Tausha and Stacy when they returned from getting their lunches.

After lunch I spent a good deal of time creating the base for the breast cancer flyer that will link off our homepage to inform our customers what we are doing and how they can help find a cure for breast cancer. I also made a completely different cover for the Holiday Toy catalog so we would have options to choose from instead of having to go with only one look. It took several adjustments with the colors used and the textures applied to certain parts of the background, but I was pleased with the end result. Stacy and Vickie also liked the new design so now we will actually have to decide which to use; the more traditional holiday colors approach, or the bright splattered primary colors approach that may attract more attention. I like them both, but I am a bit biased. I am pulling to use the primary colors design as I think more people will pay attention to it since it will stand out form everything else they will see during that time of the year. I then made the website header image that I will have to update first thing in the morning on Monday since the Classroom Gift Card promo is over on Sunday at close. I talked at length with Mike for some ideas on how we might solve our problem of slow to no-response from the website company we are using to maintain/create the larger part of schoolbox.com. I think that we may have a plan in mind to present to Dave for solving this problem while also planning for the future. 5:00 rolled around and I headed home!

I called Christina on the way home and we decided to order some pizza and then watch one of the new movies I picked up on my last trip to Knoxville, 21. She arrived and we ordered the pizza. It came faster than expected which was nice because I was starving. We also ordered the new dessert pastries from there. There four to a box for $3.99. A little pricey for the amount you received, but they were delicious. They were square flaky pastries with Tollhouse chocolate chips melted inside with icing drizzled on top. We watched the movie "21" which is based on a true story about a group of gifted math students that counted cards and got rich, that is until they were caught. It was overall an excellent movie with a strong cast (Kevin Spacey, Jim Sturgess, and Kate Bosworth). The movie ended just in time for us to catch the new episode of "Psych" that came on at 10:00. We watched the episode of "House" that followed and then it was time to go to bed. I said goodnight to Christina and then went to sleep. I was hoping to sleep in and regain even more of the sleep that I had lost over this past week.

Meditation for the day: Luke 12:6-7 "What is the price of five sparrows—two copper coins? Yet God does not forget a single one of them. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows."

0 comments: