THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 7, 2008

From the Desk 8/6/2008

This morning I overslept a bit and rushed to get ready for work. I got to work to eat my Frosted Mini-Wheats for breakfast with my morning cup of coffee. I then began to work on brainstorming some ideas for next year's marketing calendar. We have set a meeting for August 25th to gather Dave, Chris, Vickie, Mike, Aimee, Anna, Kenny, Stacy and I to collaborate on new ideas for marketing for 2009. It will be set-up as a storyboard meeting. We will sit in a circle and then each person will share one index card that they have brought that has a new idea or improvement for an idea that we currently use and we will classify them and post them on a board. Once everyone has shared their cards we will look more closely at each card and see which ideas are financially do-able and which ones we need to start working on first. I am extremely excited as this will be the first official marketing focused meeting that we have had since I've been in this position. The ideas didn't start flowing quickly so I decided to re-visit the attempt at creativity later since I had plenty of time to work on that. I also worked on more graphics to include with the Georgia State poster that we are considering producing ourselves. It took until lunch time to add the graphics of 3 historical Georgia-born figures to the mix.

For lunch today Christina met me at the Box (she was off today) and I took her to Kirimosho for some sushi. I had the usual Volcano Roll and Christina had the California Hand-Roll combo. I will have to try that sometime as hers looked delicious. We ate and talked and as suspected time passed way too quickly. After eating we returned to work and I said goodbye until later tonight. I went back inside to work and Christina went home. For the rest of the afternoon I worked mainly on the cover for the Winter Toy catalog that we are finishing up. I tried several basic approaches at first and then further developed the design I liked most. You can see it pictured here (not the finished product at all) as the version I have sent to be looked over and critiqued by Vickie and Stacy. I had to remove the background from yet another image to isolate the girl in the bottom corner so that took a good chunk of time. It rolled around to 5:00 and I headed home for a brief stay.

I got home after stopping off by the bank and then changed into clothes more suited for the hot weather that met me as I walked outside. I then called Christina, took her food order, and then headed to grab us some dinner. I stopped at Burger King and then ended up at Christina's apartment where we watched an episode or two of "Hangin' With Mr. Cooper" which I didn't know was still on TV. It was hilarious and we laughed until 7:15 when we headed to Stacy's to watch a movie. We arrived at Stacy's and after scaring Cooper to the point where he was hesitant to be within 15 feet of me, we sat down to watch "Batman Begins". Cooper finally warmed up to me again and decided that I really wasn't going to maim or kill him. We decided on that movie as tomorrow after work we are going to see "The Dark Knight", which is the sequel to this version of the Batman films. It was good as it is every time I see it. I managed, once it got dark, to catch a small nap for about 15 minutes during one of the slower parts of the movie. After the movie was over Christina and I left and we headed back to her apartment. I had planned on saying goodnight, but decided to stay and watch some TV with her instead. We fell asleep to episodes of Home Improvement and then when I woke up I headed home for the night.

Meditation for the day: Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; it is he who will save us.”

0 comments: