THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 7, 2008

From the Desk 8/7/2008

This morning I woke up late and very sleepy. I am determined to get in bed early tonight and catch up on some much needed sleep. I got to work and immediately grabbed my cup of coffee. I worked on brainstorming ideas throughout the day for the marketing meeting, which has been moved to September 3rd due to some schedule conflicts. I got together with Stacy and we made a plan to alter the graphics we have for our classroom tables. The original graphics only show one color of table and we needed to demonstrate that they were available in 7 different table top colors with matching trim. After decided what would look best, I began working on updating and altering the graphics for the 12 different sizes/styles of tables we regularly stock. That took about an hour to complete and then I returned to my attempted brainstorming. I had planned on being good and eating lunch that I had brought with me today, but when I discovered that the entire family was going to go out for a meal I couldn't resist.

So Mike, Carmen, and I hopped into Mike's car and we followed Stacy, Blair and Tausha in Tuasha's car. We arrived at McDonald's and quickly grabbed a booth in the back corner as to not disturb other people. That almost worked except we were sitting next to the bathroom and we received lots of strange looks from people as they were walking in and out of the bathroom. After we ate we headed back to work and that's when Mike showed that even though he is in his mid 30's he can still be cool. (side note: Carmen and I couldn't breathe because we were laughing so hard at the site of Mike that I captured in this picture) The afternoon was spent trying to brainstorm, but nothing came from that except a real storm outside. I also compiled a report to show that results from our blast emails through the BTS season. It was interesting to see the open rates, clickthrough rates, and URL link clicks that will hopefully be used to help direct our layout of the emails in the future. My cell phone had died as I forgot to charge it the night before so I apologize if any one tried to call me and I was unreachable. I only mention that because I knew that Christina was scheduled to work from 11-6 today and she wouldn't be joining us for dinner before the movie....or so I thought.

As 5:00 rolled around we all gathered and made our way out the store front to Mike's car to go eat at Ted's Montana Grill. When we walked onto the floor I saw that Christina was clocking out and ready to go with us! I was thrilled and gave her a slightly confused look as I hadn't yet received her text that she was getting off at 5:00 to go eat with us (cause my phone was dead). We went to Ted's and I had a delicious Salmon Ceasar Salad while my usual (George's Cadillac burger) was ordered by Christina. We ate quickly as our food took an usually long amount of time to arrive. We headed across the parking lot to AMC Barrett 24 to see "The Dark Knight". Everyone enjoyed the movie and it was just as good the second time around as it was the first. After the movie Mike dropped us all back off at the Box to pick up our cars. I said goodnight to Christina as I was determined to get extra sleep tonight. I went home and checked emails and some other stuff online before turning in early for the night at 10:15! I laid my head down and wondered if I would be able to go to sleep early. About the time I completed that thought I slipped into a deep sleep that was sure to last all night long.

Meditation for the day: Psalm 149:4 “For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.”

0 comments: