THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, April 7, 2008

Ashes & Wine

Today I woke up late and still felt drained from my exposure to the sun and rain this past weekend. I plan to take it slow this week as I began to try and get back into a steady workout routine. I got to work and it was eerily quiet all day long. Dave and Chris are on vacation, but it seems like everyone else is pretending to be mimes as the main sound heard yesterday was the punching of keys on the keyboard. I worked on a new ad for the Kids Enabled magazine, a publication that focuses on helping parents of children with learning differences. I have placed it here, let me know what you think! I also worked on a few odds and ins concerning a small flyer for Customer Appreciation May 5th - 9th. I finally got together with Mike and we re-exported the accounts list so I could see if there was a problem with the previous export for the mail-out of the Early Childhood flyer. There was indeed a large problem as the list that we originally sent for the mailing contained 2300 names and this new export contained 5600 names! My day tomorrow will certainly be consumed with comparing the 2 versions of the mailing list and pulling out the names that were omitted the last time around. I worked briefly on some brainstorming ideas for how to track the results of a mailing list building contest between the retail stores (since this project is now apparently my responsibility...no one told me!).

I went home and was looking forward to going out to eat, drink, and watch the NCAA championship game, but due to certain occurrences with one of our friends, we did not go out. I instead stayed home and worked on Leslie's slideshow project for a couple of hours. I also watched bits and pieces of the game while also watching some episodes of Family Guy. I grew very tired, but for some reason didn't have the sense to go to sleep...hey, just cause I have a college degree doesn't mean I'm intelligent at all times. I put on National Treasure, a great movie for either watching or sleeping to, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Meditation for the day: Go to http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/afinefrenzy/ashesandwine.html to view the lyrics for a song called Ashes & Wine by A Fine Frenzy, one of my favorite bands. I was listening to my ipod at work today and really listened to the lyrics of this song for the first time. I kind of wished I had heard them about 3 weeks ago, but it is still a good song and still captures the way I feel every now and then.

0 comments: