THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm going blind!

Today I woke up and actually got up pretty much right away. This is clearly the better way to go as I had time to eat some breakfast and not feel rushed to get ready for work. I drove to work through unusually heavy traffic that I attribute to the fact that I was leaving on time today instead of late. I arrived at work not really looking forward to the long and monotonous task of deleting the names contained in the new mailing list that were also found in the first mailing list export. I worked on that steadily until 12:35 when I decided I had to stop and eat some lunch. I had already worked through about 18 pages of these account lists which meant that I was slightly over halfway done. I watched some episodes of Family Guy online at www.familyguynow.com to entertain myself while I ate some Campbell's Healthy Request Grilled Chicken & Sausage Gumbo soup. It was delicious and actually filled me up along with some baked Doritos. I begrudgingly began to work again on the mailing list and was able to finish the first trimming down around 3:45. This involved the eliminating of around 2600 duplicated names, which still left me with almost 3,000 new addresses to send the flyer out to! This will make Dave happy as we still have somewhere around 25,000 flyers we need to distribute. I also revised the return policy to clear up some confusion that a customer expressed concerning debit vs. credit card return policies. After I did that, I kind of went on auto pilot for the remaining 30 minutes until that glorious time of 5:00pm rolled around.

I went home and began to work on the finishing touches of Leslie's picture disc for Brian. I found mainly frustration as when I tried to edit a specific clip and my computer crashed...six times in a row! I finally decided for the safety of my computer that I needed to take a break. I finished a load of laundry and the fixed some pasta with tomato basil sauce for dinner. It was good, but not very filling as I am a terrible judge of how much of something to fix to make a meal. I watched the NCAA Women's Championship game. It was supposed to be a good one as UT vs. Stanford was supposed to pit the two Candices against each other. (Candice Wiggins from Stanford and Candice Parker from Tennessee) The game was very good. They started out pretty evenly in the first eight minutes of the game, then UT began using almost all of its players to score from anywhere on the floor. The first half showed the collapse of Stanford's defense and this trend only continued in the remainder of the game. The Lady Vols won the game by a score of 64-48 giving Coach Pat Summit her 8th National Title. The game was refreshing to watch, but I wish there was someone I could have watched it with. Its hard to be excited and congratulate people if you're the only one there. I did some reading before going to bed and had a nice conversation with Hickey as he called somewhat irritated at his "Crystal Method" problem. I gave what advice I could, seeing as how my life is in the same place as his right now...in pieces. I will hopefully get to spend some time with him Saturday evening after birthday festivities.

Meditation of the day: Job 42:10 "After Job had prayed for his friends, the LORD made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before."

This verse made me contemplate the importance of praying for people you care about, especially your friends that are there for you when you need them most. I hope we all remember to pray and thank God for our friends each day. They are truly a blessing in our lives.

0 comments: