THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 6, 2008

It feels good to be dry

I awoke after the best night of sleep I've ever had camping (of course since we returned and didn't sleep outside during the flood of '08 it helped). Jubin dropped me off at my parents house where I promptly got a hot shower and then put on 100% dry clothes. That was a really nice feeling. I waited until Hickey was going to be out of church to give him a call to determine the rest of the day's plans. While waiting I had the opportunity to watch the majority of Disturbia on HBO. This film seemed like it would be good from what I could remember from the previews, and I was not disappointed. I will most certainly be purchasing this on DVD soon.

I called Hickey and we decided to meet at Lenny's sub shop and then go to the UT vs. Florida baseball game. I met Hickey and Chris there and we piled into my car and headed to the game. We found that parking was difficult to find due to the unusually large crowd that had show up for the game. We ended up parking at Thompson Bowling Arena and then embarking on a short hike to reach the baseball stadium. The game was good and the weather was great! The sun was nice and its warmth was appreciated....at first. We soon found ourselves rolling up our sleeves and longing for a breeze to blow some cool air our way as the temperature reached high 70s and there was no shade in sight. We watched the game until the top of the 7th inning and left with UT trailing 7-2. Some of you might think we were being fair weather fans, but what you must realize is that we do not really care about the outcome of the game at all. We simply go to enjoy each other's company, a nice cold Coke, and some sunlight.

We left the game and I dropped Hickey and Chris off at Hickey's truck which was still at Lenny's (thankfully). We realized once we left that although we had enjoyed the beautiful day, we would certainly be feeling its effects for the next few days as we again forgot to guard ourselves with sunscreen and looked quite red on our arms and legs by the time we saw shade. I then filled up on gas and hit the road back to Kennesaw still enjoying the wonderful weather.

The traffic was light on my drive home and I arrived shortly after 7:00pm. I unpacked a few things and then grabbed some dinner. I worked a bit on a project for Leslie for her to give to her boyfriend Brian this upcoming weekend. I then watched the Lady Vols play LSU for a right to go to the national championship game. The game was very slow and hard to watch as neither team could find a rythym to shooting the ball and there was no real dominant team until halfway throught the first half when Candice Parker finally broke out on a shooting streak to give the Lady Vols a good lead. The second half was much closer and only through a put back by Alexis Hornbuckle did Tennessee manage to win the game by 1 point as the last shot went in with only 0.7 seconds left on the game clock. They will meet Stanford in the championship game on Tuesday and that could potentially lead to the Lady Vols' 8th National Title! I must now go to bed to continue recovery from the rain and the sunshine (mother nature and I hung out a lot this weekend....and she's ok with me).

Meditation for the day: Psalm 113:3 "From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised."

0 comments: