THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 24, 2008

From the Desk 4/24/2008

Today I woke up feeling fairly well rested, which is good because I thought that cutting the grass yesterday might have irritated my allergies. I got to work and found a thought provoking quote on my iGoogle homepage: "Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad: whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen." - John le Carre. I don't know why I liked it but it seemed to catch my eye so I decided to share it with you. I worked on refining the apple mosaic graphic for The School Box summer catalog and I think that it is coming along nicely. I also began preparing the final elements to send out to the retail stores for Customer Appreciation week. I suggested to Chris that we send flyers about the event to each store to have them stuff in the bags at checkout, and she agreed that it would be a good idea to promote within the stores too.

So I printed 2800 flyers and divided them between the stores. I then had James, the warehouse manager, pull down the pallet that contains all of our special promotions materials so I could divide out items for each store. It was nice to get all of this stuff boxed up and off my desk, since I have felt cramped by all of the stuff for this event piled high on my desk. It took longer than anticipated to pack everything up because the copier kept having issues with printing the flyers I needed to send to the stores. After I got that done it was 3:45 and I decided to take it easy and do some easy tasks for the rest of the day. I also left work about 15 minutes early today because I kept forgetting to mail out the wedding DVDs on my lunch break. I even had them with me for the past two days, but I would inevitably get caught up in something and forget until after 5:00pm when the post office is closed.

After mailing out the DVDs I went home to pack for my weekend in Knoxville. I finished up my last load of laundry for the next few days and then hung up my poster of Knoxville next to the bookcase in my living room. I ate some dinner and then decided to take a small nap as I was overcome with fatigue for some unexplained reason. I awoke in time to check Facebook, Myspace, and delete some junk emails before the new episode of Grey's Anatomy came on ABC at 9:00pm. The last new episode aired on January 10, 2008 and further episodes were delayed due to the Hollywood writer's strike situation that dragged on for several weeks. Tonight's episode was full of memorable quotes and it was good to watch the show again even though I'm not used to watching it alone. I am hoping to avoid any rain tomorrow afternoon/evening as I make the journey to Knoxville to spend time with the people I love. I will end my thoughts for today with this quote from Grey's Anatomy: "We are all lions, but just because you didn't win [the contest] doesn't mean you don't know how to roar. So pick yourself up, don't lick your wounds."

Meditation for the day: 2 Corinthians 3:12 "Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold."

0 comments: