THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 26, 2008

From the Desk 4/26/2008

Today I woke up early and hit the road to Knoxville at 7:15am. I like driving up on Saturday mornings due to the much lighter traffic I encounter on the road. I arrived in Knoxville and got my allergy shots after dropping off stuff at my parents' house. This is the last time I will get allergy shots and or any medical treatment in Knoxville as my insurance has changed with The School Box. I hung out briefly with mom at the house before getting m haircut. Upon leaving there, dad and I met at Grandmother's house to move a recliner from the storage building to the patio in preparation for her garage sale. I am sure she will sell many of her treasures she has accumulated over the years.

I then journeyed to Amy and Jon's house where I would spend the remainder of the evening. I played some more on a Super Metroid game file and actually beat the game after an additional hour of play. I then watched some TV while Jon was grilling our dinner. While the rest of dinner was being prepared I took the opportunity to test out my new phone's camera quality and took some pictures. The picture of Samus was only taken after she managed to escape from the deck and explore the outer-reaches of their property while Amy was chasing her with treats in an attempt to lure her back to the safety of their house. For dinner we feasted on steak, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and salad. It was my first real attempt at eating a steak for the main course of my meal and I must admit that it was extremely tasty. I still don't plan to eat steak on any sort of regular basis, but I know now that if steak is going to be prepared for a family get together I will eat it and not request an alternative dish be prepared. After feasting till we were full, Jon and Amy watched as I began a new file on Super Metroid and I played it for about 2 hours. I made it about 75% of the way through the game when I decided to call it a night and give in to my sleepiness. I drove home and watched a minute or two of TV with dad and then retired to my guest room at Le Chateau de Taylor.

Meditation for the day: Calmer of The Storm by Downhere " There on the storm, teach me God to understand of the Will that I just cannot control there may I see all you love protecting me I thank you Lord, you are the calmer of the storm."

0 comments: