THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 27, 2008

From the Desk 4/27/2008

I woke up too early Sunday morning and fought with the alarm clock, continually hitting the snooze button for about 40 minutes of intermittent sleep. I finally got up around 7:45am and took a shower. I skipped on some breakfast at the house and picked up a smoothie from Sonic on my way to church. I was going to fill in up in the broadcast booth as Charlie had to play in the orchestra for the first part of the service. The service was good. The adult choir did an excerpt from their latest musical production "The Risen Christ" and it was still as powerful as the first time I saw it. It was good to be able to catch up with Charlie during the broadcast.

After the two services, I met up with Hickey, Charlie, Josi & Bob, Elise & Josh, Amy & Jon, and my parents at the mall for some lunch. It was really good to see them all as I usually don't get to visit with most of that group when I come into town. I also had some delicious Charlie's Steakery for lunch (anyone want to guess what I ordered? You get a prize if you're the first one to post a comment with the correct answer!) After that I went back to my parents' house, changed, and left to hang with Hickey. We watched 4 episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? then I hit the road home.

My trip was alright. The skies were mostly overcast and then I got to Cleavland where the skies opened up and dumped the equivalent of the Tennessee River over a 5 mile area in 20 minutes! The average speed of everyone on the interstate was 45 mph because no one cold see anything other than brake lights after the swipe of their windshield wipers. The rain let up once I got closer to Chattanooga and only lightly sprinkled on and off until I got 15 miles into Georgia. There the ground was dry...perhaps the drought is the fault of a mysterious Tennessean who has developed a rain shield that is placed on the border. I only suggest this because the ground in Georgia was dry, and it looked like it hadn't rained at all! I arrived home at 7:20pm and unloaded my car. I unpacked, ate some dinner, and then got to answering emails and check the usual websites for info. I worked on some new templates for wedding DVD inserts, but couldn't create anything I like too much. I went to sleep watching Clue on my laptop and fell asleep faster than I thought possible. (don't remember anything past the opening credits)

Mediation for the day: “We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlesness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the starts, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls." ~Mother Theresa

0 comments: