THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 1, 2008

From the Desk 5/1/2008

Today I arrived at work to find a memo on my desk (boy that sounds strange to say....a memo..."my desk"...oh well back to the real world) concerning new Internet monitoring procedures that have been implemented to prepare for our next upgrade of telecommunications systems. There have been a few sites that have been blocked all together, but the majority of sites are still accessible and are just asked to be viewed in moderation. I worked on a new sign to promote the sale prices on our Just Jump it! brand jump ropes. Once I got the final approval from Vickie and Stacy I printed the copies out for our larger stores to began promoting the sale. I also spoke with Chris about the arrival of our inserts to send to Knoxville and Chattanooga for the newspapers. We realized that they were actually going to be done and ready on Friday and that we are supposed to go pick them up at the printer location in Marietta instead of them being delivered to our warehouse. I coordinated with James, the warehouse manager, to have Mihn go pick them up in the morning before 11:00am so when Mike and I return from our tour/meeting with Atlanta Business Circulators, Chris and I can began to divide the 85,000 flyers between Knoxville and Chattanooga.

I ate my lunch while doing some other sign creation at my desk so I could run some errands on my break today. I went home, paid the rent, bought some milk an gas, and then returned to the office. The remainder of the afternoon went rather slowly. I packed the 14 posters that arrived promoting the Summer Learning products we carry into flat boxes and labeled them to be shipped to each store. Once 5:00 rolled around I was ready to go home. I checked by the weight room to see if it was open yet and it was still closed for renovations. I asked the ladies in the office when it would be open again and they said that it should be open on Saturday morning which means that I won't have wasted my entire first week of planned workouts.

I had some dinner and worked on some graphics projects for friends and some projects of my own for a while. I also read some more information on our new insurance through The School Box as I will be seeing a doctor down here at some point in May so I can continue to receive my Allegra prescription and avoid an unpleasant sinus infection. I was working on stuff until I realized that Grey's Anatomy was about to begin. So I wrapped up my projects and then stayed glued to the TV for the next hour until the all new episode ended at 10:00pm. I am glad that tomorrow is Friday for several reasons. First, it means that we have 2 days without work stuff to get in the way of hanging out with friends from work. Second, it means that I will be hanging out with my friends and family in Knoxville. Finally, it means that I will be seeing the movie Baby Momma on Friday night with the work group and the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall on Saturday night with Hickey. I will see you all soon!

Meditation for the day: This is an excerpt from the song "Pursuit of Happiness" by Nuno Bettencourt from the soundtrack to the movie Smart People:
"Time can move fast now that you're gone
Can't dwell I the past, what's done is done
Starting over again, more or less
In my pursuit of happiness
Starting over again, more or less
In my pursuit of happiness"

0 comments: