THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

From the Desk 4/30/2008

Today I woke up and noticed that my apartment was actually cool for a change. This was no doubt due to the chilly temperatures this morning that I'm sure were felt in Knoxville as well. I arrived at work and ate my Chick-fil-A breakfast (anything to get through hump day) and began working on a project for Aimee, one of the regional managers. I also returned a phone call to Becky, our rep at the Chattanooga Times Free Press, to ensure that our choice to move the insert to Wednesday wasn't going to be a problem. She assured me that she would get the date altered on the schedule and that it would go out on time. I also had to make a minor adjustment on the ad for Atlanta Parent Magazine as the file I sent Chris still had a transparency setting active which caused the area to appear black when I exported it and she opened it. Once I got that fixed, I confirmed with Mike about our meeting next week and then he told me the time of our meeting this Friday with a smaller group about the website had been moved to 10:00am. It feels like I have officially arrived here (at work) since I am now being invited to meetings to give my input. I worked on Aimee's project for a while until I took my lunch break.

After lunch I noticed that there was a large package that had arrived for Chris in the mail room and it had been sent by the company that does our posters for the racks in our retail stores. I was excited and asked Vickie, since Chris wasn't there, if I could be like a kid on Christmas morning and open the "present" before Chris arrived tomorrow. She said ok, and I proceeded to carefully open the package. I pulled out one of the posters and I was pleased with how they turned out. I think the new design will catch people's eyes as they enter our stores (which is of course the poster's purpose). Everyone seemed a little sluggish through the afternoon, but I guess it was because of the cooler weather and knowing that the week was only half over. I briefly checked some reviews of the website I plan to order my TV from and they were typical of any reviews site: several good several bad. I will place my order for the TV tonight and am excited to finally be making this upgrade to my entertainment technology. (Now I just have to locate a Wii to buy and I'll be set for a while)

I got home and found that the weight room was still "under maintenance" so my workout plan was foiled yet again. I ate some dinner and then placed the order for my TV to be delivered to my parents' house. I also did some laundry and generally vegged out for a bit. I gave Dad some information on my tires so we could make plans for me to purchase new tires this weekend when I am in Knoxville. I also straightened some stuff up in my office and filed away some papers. I talked briefly with Stacy on the phone about a funny story from her evening out with some friends. It was an unusual evening as I received 3 phone calls when I usually receive none. It is nice to feel wanted though, so I'm not complaining. I decided to get some extra sleep and went to bed earlier than usual to prepare for dividing out over 70,000 inserts to send to Knoxville and Chattanooga tomorrow.

Meditation for the day: Psalm 49:20 "A man who has riches without understanding is like the beasts that perish."

0 comments: