THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tricky Tuesday

Today marked the beginning of April, or more importantly April Fool's Day. After contemplating a variety of tricks that I might employ on this day of fun, I decided to refrain since my ideas were not very good and I really didn't have time to cook up something worthy of mentioning. So I carried on at work as usual, working on researching more day cares, preschools, churches, and schools that we could send the remaining early childhood flyer to. I also created a flyer to promote awareness of the Bright From the Start summer workshop series that teachers can attend to earn 2 credit hours of training for the year. I struggled to come up with a creative idea for how best to catch people's eye, while still make the information easy to absorb. I finally hit a break through and decided to use spot color to draw people's attention to certain parts of the flyer to draw them in and then let them read the information once interested. I had just put the finishing touches on it when Chris came by and told me that we needed to print this in black and white on colored paper. I was slightly frustrated, but soon re-worked it to use the black and white contrast to achieve the same desired effect. I worked on generating more mailing lists for the remainder of the day and left work at 5:15pm when I stopped to look at the clock and realized it was past time to go.

I fixed an exquisite dinner for myself tonight; 2 bowls of Raisin Bran Crunch! I also continued my effort on completing the wedding video from 2 weeks ago. I put the menu links in place and then ran a test of the menus to make sure all was in order. I then let the computer expend as much energy as possible as it was making it usual loud whirring noises as the DVD rendered, then burned to disc. It ran without any glitches and completed just before I went to bed. While I left my computer to do the thinking, I turned on the TV just in time to watch the Lady Vols vs. Texas A&M basketball game. It was a good game with both teams seeming to be evenly talented. Candice Parker ran the offense almost by herself and was finding great success in doing so until she dislocated her shoulder not once, but twice! She left the game and didn't return until halfway through the second half. The Lady Vols struggled without their leader on the floor, but through their fierce defense, they managed to keep the Aggies largely at bay. Parker returned and instantly the team began to play better. They finished the game with a win by a score of 53-45. Once the game was over I began to set up the next video project file so tomorrow night I could work on the reception video. I checked a few things online and then decided to get some sleep for the evening after listening to Stacy talk about her frustrations with certain males for a bit. I found out that apparently I'm a good listener as I truly listen and don't always offer advice on how to fix things. I will leave you with a couple of thoughts I penned during our conversation as they were deemed wise by someone (they must be foolish if they came from me)

"Sometime life's greatest mysteries are there to protect us from life's greatest failures"

"We can't explain our feelings, we can only act on them or hide them. Either way they impact our lives on a daily basis"

Meditation for the day: Proverbs 16:3 "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

0 comments: