THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 23, 2008

From the Desk 5/23/2008

This morning I woke up at 6:30 before my alarm went off. I decided to go ahead and get up instead of lay around for the extra 15 minutes. I sent an email request to the apartment complex through their website for a couple of small maintenance requests. I got to work a little early and began to make some lists of things to contribute to the website meeting at 9:00. The meeting was ultimately delayed until 10:00, but we met for about half an hour and I had a few more things to add to my to do list afterwards. I worked on the homeschool flyer for Knoxville and Chattanooga and then it was time to go to lunch. I walked into the break room and opened up the freezer to grab my Smart Ones meal….but it was gone! I searched through all the other meals in the freezer, but mine was nowhere to be found. This isn't the first time that this has happened, but it hasn't happened to me before. So, I reluctantly drove home to grab some lunch.

I got back to work and then began working on typing up a letter from Chris and Dave to fill the "About Us" tab on the website. I got everything fitted just the way I wanted and then dropped it into Dreamweaver. I copied it over to our server for the website files and then went to the website to check and see how it looked. What I found when I clicked on the link was a giant ERROR page! This wasn't what I was hoping for, and for some reason I couldn't get it back to the original format. Finally after trying a few other things I got the site updated with the new page. The rest of the afternoon passed quickly and soon it was time to go home. Stacy and I had planned on going to Ikea immediately after work to get her a chair and for me to have my first Ikea visit, but our plans were spoiled as it began to pour rain very heavily at about 4:30. We opted to go one day next week when it is dry. So, I went home to spend the rest of the evening relaxing.

I got home, picked up a package that arrived for me in the office and then began my long, arduous task of watching TV and napping. I also was able to update my external hard drive back-up files. I made several phone calls to make sure that my guests would bring everything they needed to fully enjoy their Georgia weekend getaway. I probably should have worked on the reception video, but I found myself strangely unmotivated to work on video editing tonight. I stayed up later than usual watching the movie Hickey had lent me, "In the Land of Women". It was a slow start, but ultimately a very good movie. I decided to turn in when I began having trouble keeping my eyes open. I will see most of you tomorrow, and for those I won't see, it won't be long before I visit Knoxville again.

Meditation for the day: Following with the song lyrics approach of yesterday, these are the lyrics to the song "Wish You Well" by the Christian rock band Thousand Foot Krutch:

Sometimes love, feels like pain, and sometimes I wonder if it's all the same, sometimes life, feels just like rain, cause you never know, when it's gonna fall down on you

I wish you well, I wish you well, on this trip to find yourself, I wish you well,
wish I could help, but I can't help you find yourself

Sometimes faith, feels like doubt, and sometimes I wonder if we'll even get out, sometimes life hurts just like now, but ya gotta know, it's all gonna come back around

I wish you well, I wish you well, on this trip to find yourself, I wish you well,
wish I could help, but I can't help you find yourself

find yourself, I can't help you find yourself, find yourself..

and we were sixteen at the time, nothing could ever change our minds, we were one step below invincible, and we always fought it, you've never been the same, you were so scared to make a name, then you threw it all away, and i wish you'd come back now.

I wish you well, I wish you well, on this trip to find yourself, I wish you well, wish I could help, but I can't help you find yourself, I wish you well, I wish you well, on this trip to find yourself, I wish you well, wish I could help, but I can't help you find you

I wish you well, I wish you well, on this trip to find yourself, I wish you well, wish I could help, but I can't help you find yourself

find yourself, I can't help you find yourself,
find yourself, I can't help you find yourself...

0 comments: