THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

From the Desk 6/18/2008

I woke up feeling very tired from yesterday's information overload. I woke up at 12:55am feeling like I had slept for a whole night, so I knew when I woke up from my alarm that I would feel exhausted all day. I slowly dragged myself out of bed and got ready to go to work. This morning at work I sifted through the 13 emails I received yesterday while out of the office at Summer Training. Most of them were requests for advertising opportunities so the reply on those were fairly short. I also had an opportunity to upload a couple of new documents to the manager's page of The School Box website. I only missed one step where Mike had to step over and help me remember to change the read/write abilities of the file. Once that was done I went to the site to double check and make sure it was updated and accurate. It was, which made me very happy! I also spent some time working with the Tooya Pen Pad Mike had brought me at the end of last week. I changed the settings to work more like a mouse instead of simulating the size of the screen and it seemed to work much better. Here is an example of what I drew and then added some fill color through Photoshop. I must say that I am the first to admit that I have limited drawing abilities, but this didn't turn out too bad. It is probably one of the best drawings by hand that I have done even though I enhanced it with color on the computer. I stopped to take a lunch break around 1:00 today (later than usual, but I was really tired and simply didn't realize what time it was). I mostly ran errands during my break. I ran to the post office to mail DVDs and get stamps, went to Target to pick up a few things, and ran by the bank to deposit a wedding check, and finally got my emission test done.

The rest of the afternoon was fairly uneventful. The purchasers arrived back at the office after their lengthy meeting with Dave, Vickie, and Chris. I spent the afternoon preparing a folder for Sal, Mike's helper, to work on a couple of weeks. He is going to build the signs order portion of the manager's site so they can order what signs they need instead of waiting until I make it around to answering all the emails. I also discovered that the manager's page that I added a couple of documents to earlier, wasn't working properly so Mike and I tried several things to get it up and running. Nothing we tried worked so we will look at it tomorrow. I left work a little early (4:40) because I was yawning more than I was working and I decided to go home and take a nap before hitting the video editing.

I got home and did just as I planned; I took a nap for about an hour. After waking up and feeling much better, I ate some dinner and then began to work on the Graduate's Day service from CBCB. I worked on it until 9:00 when I had finished all the editing and had created the menus. I was hoping to then set it up to render and burn to disc so I could get the master copy to dad this weekend, but I soon realized that it would be a nice touch to add pictures and the information on each graduate as scrolling credits at the conclusion of the video. Since I didn't have that information then it will wait and be finished early next week and then mailed into Knoxville. That was one project mostly crossed off my list and that felt like a huge relief (even though after this weekend I will 3 weddings to work on). I relaxed for a little bit and then turned in for the night after talking on the phone to mom, Amy, and Hickey.

Meditation for the day: Philippians 4:6 " Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

0 comments: