THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 15, 2008

From the Desk 6/15/2008

This morning I woke up after not sleeping very well. I woke up first around 3:00am to the sounds of children in the room above me giggling and doing gymnastics off their beds. That lasted almost until 4:30am so needless to say I woke up not feeling very rested. I also woke up at 9:30, when I had planned to go visit North Star Church again, but woke up too late to make it to worship. Instead I worked on finalizing the wedding DVD from May 10th, burning the copies, labeling, and packing them up for mailing. I got a call from Stacy around 10:30 to see if I wanted to meet her for breakfast somewhere. I said sure since I had focused on the DVDs when I got up and forgot to eat anything. We ended up at Waffle House because BLD's (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) was too crowded. It was an experience as always, watching the cooks fix the food so quickly and somehow having it turn out exactly like the pictures on the menu. After we ate, Stacy went to go shopping and I returned to the apartment to continue my video work for the day. I managed to pull over to my computer footage from Graduate's Day at Central Baptist and the ceremony and reception footage from a wedding on May 31st.

I made a new playlist on itunes that brings a smile to my face when I listen to it because of the artists and the lyrics of most of the songs (the playlist is called happiness so I guess its appropriately named). I called dad to wish him a happy Father's Day since they are in Florida and I didn't see them yesterday. A little later I called Christina to make plans for hiking later this afternoon. I met her at the parking lot of the Box just before 4 o'clock and we drove to the trail head for the Burnt Hickory Rd. loop at Kennesaw Mountain. We met Stacy there as everyone else had other engagements to attend. We hiked the 3.5 mile trail at a fairly leisurely pace which was nice because it gave us a chance to converse more. We did encounter one bit of wildlife along the trail. Christina spotted it first and then I tried to take a picture of it. I don't know if you can tell what it is from the picture, but we saw a snake about 2.5 ft. long. It ran away quickly (not very photogenic I guess). I took Christina back to her car and then went home.

I continued to work on pulling over video footage until around 9:00pm. After that I decided I had stared at the computer screen long enough so I worked some more on a new song I'm trying to write/record. I am going to try and do this more often as it relaxes me and its something I love, but for some reason have just not made time for in a while. I worked on that until I felt my eye lids getting heavy then I turned in for the night. I hope that I will get more restful sleep tonight because I'll need the energy to set up for the Summer Training tomorrow from 3:30-7:30pm.

Meditation for the day: Psalm 103:13 “As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;”

0 comments: