THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 14, 2008

From the Desk 6/14/2008

I woke up this morning at 7:00 and promptly began packing for my trip to Knoxville for filming a wedding. I gathered up all the filming equipment and then when I was putting it into my car I suddenly realized that I didn't want to drive to Knoxville today. I didn't have any plans here in Georgia, but I still just wanted to stay here for the day. But duty calls and I hit the road around 8:00am. I drove with moderate traffic up to Knoxville and arrived safely at my parents' house after passing G-mom and Papa on the road after they watered the flowers. I set up the cameras to charge one last time, just in case, and the got ready for the wedding. I picked up Hickey and we headed out to the Tellico Yacht Club.

We arrived in plenty of time to film the pre-ceremony shots and soon realized that with the wedding being held outside, it was going to be very hot. The ceremony went well, with only one minor hitch in our filming (due to my lack of sight for filming the exit of the bride and groom). We cooled off inside where the reception was to be held while the wedding party was taking pictures. We talked with our good friend Corey, the DJ. The reception was kind of a bust in terms of people dancing. It was really too light outside for people to feel like it was the time of day that one should be dancing, but that is what the bride wanted. The reception died off around 5:00, but we waited around until 6:00 for the bride and groom to make their grand exit complete with a barrage of bubbles. We packed up and drove back to Hickey's. I dropped him off and then I headed to my parents' house for a quick stop.

I gathered up my stuff rather quickly and then decided to head back down to Georgia before it got completely dark. On the way down I talked to Amy and was glad to hear that they had arrived home safely from their trip to Folly Beach. I drove through lots of traffic and arrived home at 9:45pm. I walked in the door and was beat. I unpacked and unloaded the video equipment and then after a small snack for dinner (at 10:30) I went to bed to start tomorrow fresh.

Meditation for the day: Lamentations 3:22-23 "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

0 comments: