THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 14, 2008

From the Desk 6/13/2008

This morning I woke up in a really good mood (but we'll get to that later). I had a mostly blackberry smoothie for some breakfast and then headed into work. I got there and after working on some plans for the Fall catalog mailing I realized it was time for our weekly website meeting, but after Mike conferred with all of us, none had anything to report on or add to the list so we postponed the meeting until next Friday. I had a ravioli Smart Ones for lunch while watching an episode of That 70's Show at my desk.

I decided to cut my lunch short to help Carmen out with a project for making some labels for some clearance items that needed to go out on the floor. Once we got that fixed (it took some assistance from Mike as well) I began the next phase of my catalog mailing project. I exported our customer accounts list and then edited out all the non-A/R accounts and businesses. I took a break in the midst of editing the list to take part in the office ice cream social that Mike planned for everyone. He sent Tausha and Blair out to get supplies and they came back with 5 kinds of ice cream, waffle cones and bowls, and chocolate syrup. Everyone enjoyed the break in the afternoon and the ice cream hit the spot. I then returned to my desk and sorted the list and trimmed out the schools we would not mail catalogs to and that brought the list down to around 6,000 addresses. I will run it through the de-duping software on Monday to avoid any duplicate mailings. Once I finished working on that it was time to go home and relax before my cause for happiness.

Now on to my reason for being happy today. I had a date tonight with Christina, a very beautiful young lady that works on the retail floor at the Box. I asked her to dinner yesterday and picked her up when she got off work tonight. We went to eat at Las Palmas Mexican Restaurant. The food was delicous, but was not nearly as good as the company. We ate our food and then headed out to Brooster's to have some ice cream for dessert (not like we hadn't had any earlier at work, but you can never have too much ice cream!). When we were pulling in we saw Leslie, one of Christina's friends from work. we got our ice cream and then we joined Leslie and her friends. We hung out with them for about 45 minutes and then we all dispersed. On the way to taking Christina back to her car we decided to go to my apartment and watch a movie. We watched The Chronicles of Narnia, then I walked her out to her car and she went home. I had a great time and I think she is coming hiking with the usual group on Sunday afternoon. I went to bed smiling and slept very peacefully though the night.

Meditation for the day: this is a quote I pulled of my Google homepage

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities.
- Aldous Huxley

0 comments: