THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 8, 2008

From the Desk 6/8/2008

I woke up at 8:15 on Sunday morning and felt much better after resting. Even though I didn’t do much else aside from driving all day, but driving seems to take it out you nonetheless. Hickey actually woke up when the alarm clock sounded and we got up and got our running gear on and headed down to the beach. We ran about 2 miles stopping at the same point on our way down towards the pier and our way back to do push ups on the concrete platforms at the edge of the sand. It wore us out partly because we ran a good distance and each did around 50 push ups and partly because it was very sunny and very hot. We returned to the house and I drank what seemed like a gallon of water while Hickey took a shower. I then took a shower and we hung out with everyone in the living room for a while until we decided to hit the beach.

Beth and Jake were already on the beach when Amy, Hickey, and myself arrived so we just dropped our stuff and set up camp with them. I had used my new spray-on sunscreen to guard myself against the sun’s burning powers and then used the smaller rub-on bottle to protect my face. The findings of the next day would show that I should have had someone else spray me to ensure total coverage, but we’ll get to that later. We laid out to catch some sun and enjoy the beautiful weather. We went for a short swim to cool off where I unfortunately lost my sunglasses to an unexpected wave. I guess it’s a good thing that I bought 4 of the same style for $10.00 each about 5 years ago. That way the loss of one pair isn’t a disaster or too costly. I had another pair in my car that I could use the rest of the trip. We then laid in the sun a little longer to dry off. We became hungry and decided to return to the house for some food. We had been on the beach for about 3 and a half hours and felt drained from exposure to the sun. We ate some turkey sandwiches and were joined by Jon who had finally woken up from his late night of gaming. We decided to go ahead and shower and get clean for dinner.

We hung out and relaxed until we all got into cars to go to dinner at the Charleston Crab House. Hickey and I discovered this gem the last time we were in Folly Beach and recommended it as a good place to dine. We arrived and only had to wait momentarily for a table for our party of 7. We were seated outside overlooking the water, but under the shade of a canopy. I ordered the bacon-wrapped stuffed shrimp with mashed potatoes and a salad for my meal. Everyone loved the hush puppies, which was the real reason for why we came back to this restaurant. We ate until we couldn’t move and then loaded back up in the cars to return to the house. Amy rode with Hickey and I and we stopped off by Walmart on the way to pick up a few forgotten items. (a puzzle, ice-pops, etc.) We returned to the house and Hickey and I began putting the puzzle together. We worked on that while Jon and Tom were watching game 2 of the NBA Finals. We were drained from our exposure to the sun and were beginning to feel the effects of the sunburns that we obtained so we went to bed around 10:30 to start early tomorrow with another run on the beach.

Meditation for the day: Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

0 comments: