THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

From the Desk 6/11/2008

This morning I woke up at 7:00 not even hearing my alarm that was to wake me at 6:00 for a morning run. I slept 9 straight hours and apparently I needed to as I didn't wake up once last night. I got ready for work and then packed up a Smart Ones dinner for my lunch. I stopped off at Chick-fil-A for some breakfast since I haven't bought milk since being home. I got to work and toted in my video equipment as I needed to re-film Vickie's spot since she didn't emphasize the right parts of her speech. After filming her spot (it only took one take!) I started chipping away at emails. The process went faster than I thought it would and after answering, creating what they requested, and filing away half of the emails it was time to go to lunch. Sal, Mike's new IT assistant, started today so we all went out to lunch to welcome him to the family. Mike, Carmen, Blair, Stacy, Sal, and I went to our favorite Japanese restaurant where I had some volcano roll sushi for lunch. I was delicious and our service was quick so we actually got to spend time talking instead of trying to throw our food down once it arrived.

We returned to work and I began working on the rest of the emails. I made several updated signs and a few new ones. I met with Vickie, Aimee, and Anna to discuss the final changes to the video clips for the Summer Training seminar next Tuesday. I had some editing work to do, so I left around 3:30 and went home to finish that project up for the Box. I finished the work for the Box around 5:30 and then ate some dinner. I was about to start working on the wedding reception video, but then Stacy called. She has had a rough couple of days with her dog, Cooper, being neutered. She asked if I wanted to come over and just hang out since she couldn't leave. I told her sure since she sounded kind of lonely. We talked all about my trip to Charleston and a lot about what was coming up with work over the next few weeks. I hung out there until 10:00 and then returned home where I almost immediately fell asleep. Apparently I needed one more night of an early bedtime to recoup from my trip.

Meditation for the day: Psalm 19:1-2 "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.”