THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

From the Desk 6/10/2008

I woke up this morning around 8:15 and realized that I was glad we canceled the morning run. Since we went to bed after 2:00 last night, I don't think it would have been a very successful run anyway. I got up, showered and packed my stuff up. I did a check around the house to make sure I had all my stuff while Hickey was packing his stuff up. We each grabbed some waters and said our thank yous and goodbyes. I wish we could have stayed a couple of days longer, but I'm sure enough work has piled up while I've been out for only 2 days. We hit the road back to Kennesaw just before 10:00 and found that traffic was actually fairly heavy leaving James Island area.

We made good time and the weather was once again perfect for driving. We stopped off just outside the Georgia border for some food and gas. I filled up for $3.83 per gallon which was still better than I would have gotten at home. We decided to try Checkers for lunch. I have seen these restaurants all over when driving around, but have never eaten there. I got a bacon cheese burger and Hickey tried a cheeseburger and a hot dog. They were delicious and now I can add another greasy, unhealthy establishment to the list that I could eat at if starving. We got back onto I-20 and journeyed on. We made our way through the 285 bypass once again avoiding the downtown Atlanta traffic. Even for 2:30 on a Tuesday afternoon, the traffic was heavy as it always is in that area. We arrived back at the apartment at 3:00 just as Amy called my cell phone to see if we arrived safely. Hickey transferred his luggage into his truck, grabbed a cold water from the fridge, and then left to drive up to Knoxville. I unpacked most of my stuff before having to go for my first doctor's appointment with my new doctor through Kaiser Permanente. I arrived and the lady at the check-in desk was very helpful and walked me though everything I needed to fill out for my new health records. I met with Dr. Sarah Caceras-Cantu and she was very nice. They took my blood pressure before she came in and it was running quite high (148/80!) but I explained that I had just driven 5 hours after getting 5 and a half hours of sleep and was badly sunburned. They told me they would take it again before I left. When they took it a second time it had come down to 138/80, which satisfied them that I was probably telling the truth and was just very tired.

I returned to my apartment and started a load of laundry. I had called Carmen to see if we were still hiking, and no one was able to go, which was fine with me since I could barely stand from fatigue. I took an hour nap after eating some dinner and then ended up going to bed at 10:00 after chatting briefly with Stacy online about the past two days' occurrences at the office. I went to sleep to the sounds of the Law & Order theme song on my TV and despite the itching/pain of the sunburn I sustained I went to sleep very quickly. I am sure that I will need the rest as I checked and had received 25 emails since I checked it on Sunday night that I will have to sift through through tomorrow at work.

Meditation for the day: Isaiah 40:30-31 "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

0 comments: