THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 21, 2008

From the Desk 6/21/2008

This morning my intention was to get up at 6:00am, finish packing, and then leave for Knoxville at 7:00 to meet Jubin for some Frisbee golf at 10:00. That plan fell apart about the time I woke up and realized it was already 7:45 and I was very late. I managed to shower and throw together everything I needed for the weekend and hit the road in 15 minutes. I was only half an hour late for meeting Jubin, but I called first to alert him to my delay. I arrived in Knoxville at 10:30 and Jubin and I headed out to Oak Ridge to play the new Frisbee golf course appropriately named "The Mounds". It was a good course with minimal trees and only one water hazard. We ran out of time to play the entire course, but we got in a good 8 holes before returning to Knoxville.

I arrived back at my parents house with just enough time to purchase some Coldplay tickets for their concert in November (that I will go to with Christina) before I ran out briefly for a haircut. I returned and ate some lunch at my parent's house and then (unsurprisingly) fell asleep soon after. I woke up at 3:00 and took a shower and got everything ready for the wedding that dad and I were filming later. We left around 3:45 for the Tellico Yacht Club where the wedding last week was held. Luckily since I had already been to this setting, it was easier to avoid bad shooting angles and get the pre-shots necessary for a good video. We filmed the ceremony, which only lasted 25 minutes, and then sat inside the reception hall to await the next event to film. We ended up waiting for almost 2 hours before anything film worthy began to occur. We filmed the cutting of the cake, the toasts, special dances, and the band playing while the rest of the guests danced.

After getting all the footage we needed, we returned to Knoxville. On the way back we discovered that I had a headlight out and the other one was dim. That would explain why it was difficult to see on the trip home. I dropped dad off at the house and after a couple of phone calls I journeyed to the Tucker residence to stay the night. I ate a small snack and soon found that I had once again fallen asleep unplanned while we all were watching episodes of "Two and a Half Men" on DVD. I turned in for the night at 11:30 and fell asleep extremely fast.

Meditation for the day: 2 Corinthians 1:6-7 "If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort."

0 comments: