THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 28, 2008

From the Desk 6/27/2008

This morning I got to work anticipating a day that would be filled with activities different form the norm. As I would find out later, I would not be disappointed. I worked on resizing an ad for the Chattanooga Parent magazine's July Back-to-School section. It was a little awkward to resize the ad because the original was more of a landscape format and the new size was in portrait mode. After a little moving around of page elements and some tricks, I had it done. I then got a call from Chris that she would be in around 11:00am to begin our major project of the day. I finished up some signs for the stores and then finished up entering the coordinates for our zip code data map of the BTS flyer mailing list. The end result was exactly what I was looking for, but I am hoping to find a different method of entering the data as it took almost and entire days work to determine the zip code counts and enter them into the mapping program. I was invited to join Stacy, Tausha, and Blair for some lunch at Taco Mac, but unfortunately I had to decline as it was almost time for Chris to show up. I did send them with some money and an order to bring back for me.

While "the group" went to eat, Chris and I gathered up our list of items we needed to send to the stores for the Back-to-School sales that runs from July 14 - August 31. We set out boxes for each store and then filled them with 20% off stickers, large vinyl signs for the store windows, clips for holing the product signs, and then took a break for lunch. I ate my take-out from Taco Mac at my desk and answered some emails that I missed while working in the warehouse with Chris. After I finished eating I saw that Christina was taking her break so I went and sat and talked with her until she had to go back to the floor. I met Chris back in the warehouse and she and I finished diving up the signs. We then had to divide out the 105 boxes of calendar/mouse pads that will be free giveaways during this promotion. I am finally beginning to learn what stores are identified by what number and how large each store is (ergo, how many boxes they received of the giveaways). We finished up around 3:00 and for the rest of the afternoon I begin preparing the final print of my secret project for presentation to Chris and Dave next week.

I left work at 5:00 and then went home to take a quick nap since I was tired from being in the hot warehouse while still wearing dress clothes and sweating profusely. I took a shower and then Christina picked me up at 6:45 to grab some dinner before we went to a wedding downtown at 8:00. We ate at Los Reyes Mexican restaurant and it was delicious. They also had a live mariachi band playing (there seems to be a good job market for that type of band down here). We ate and it took us a little longer than expected because our waiter, Leo, disappeared and didn't bring us our check promptly. We headed downtown to The Peachtree Club located on the 28th floor at Peachtree St. & 10th St. in Atlanta. The setting was extravagant and the reception was a blast. We actually missed the ceremony because we were about 15 minutes late due to the exit we needed to take being under construction. (and that the ceremony was the shortest in the history of weddings: 12 minutes) We toasted, laughed, and danced (when pushed onto the floor by Christina's friend Bill) until 11:00 and then we headed back to my apartment. We decided to watch a few episodes of Boy Meets World before Christina left for the night. I walked her to her car and then went inside to rest up for the hiking trip tomorrow.

Meditation for the day: 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

0 comments: