THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 28, 2008

From the Desk 6/28/2008

This morning I managed to sleep in for the first time in a loooong time. It was mainly due to the fact that I didn't have to drive up to Knoxville this morning, which eliminated the need for a pesky alarm clock to be used. I woke up around 9:00 and decided to do a little bit of video work before my days activities started. I managed to complete the cutting of the cake, the dance with the parents, and the dance with the brother of the bride. Christina called around 10:00 and we decided to go hike a trail out at Red Top Mountain State Park. I drove out to Woodstock to pick her up and then we headed North on I-75 until we reached our exit. The park was not far off the exit and there was adequate parking as it was only 11:35 when we arrived. The weather was supposed to be scattered showers, but there was nothing visible except a few white clouds and lots of blue sky. The trail was a little confusing as the trail markers didn't really direct you to trail names, but rather lodge and cabin locations. After we made a quick .7 mile hike around the visitor center loop we finally found the trail head to the Homestead loop trail (5.5 mile loop highlighted by yellow dashes on the trail map). This trail was very moderate, no steep uphill or downhill for extended periods of time, and there was quite a bit of shade along the path. That was a relief because the sun had begun to show its power to create hot, uncomfortable afternoons as it beat down on us through the gaps in the tree tops. We took a short break about 3/4 of the way around the loop to sit on a bench overlooking Lake Allatoona. (I have included a picture of us so you can see who Christina is...and how beautiful she is) The trail we chose seemed to cling to the shoreline of the lake for the back half of the loop, which made for some nice scenery. We arrived back at the visitors center around 1:30 and hit the road back to Woodstock. I dropped Christina off at her apartment and then went to my apartment to eat some lunch. I returned to working on the wedding video for about 2 hours and then decided to take a break, which ultimately led to an hour long nap. I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to do some more editing work. Christina called soon after that and we made plans to go see Wall-E, the new movie by Pixar, tonight around 8:00. I updated some info on Facebook and then went back to working on some of the extras for the wedding videos (printing the discs, duplicating the ceremony disc, and creating/printing the inserts)

I showered and got ready for the movie after eating a quick bite. Christina met me at my apartments and I drove us over to the AMC theater on Barrett Parkway. We saw Wall-E and I would recommend this movie to people of any age. It has all the elements that you would expect from a Pixar and Disney film. There is an underlying tone about the in-activity of the human race/ the downfalls of a large corporate company that is given too much power, but that is sometimes how real life is so we'll let Disney slide on this one. Basically, two-thumbs way up and you need to go see it. After the movie, Christina came in and we ate some ice cream while watching Sweet Dreams. She had mentioned after seeing the movie poster that she wanted to see it someday and I figured why not tonight. She laughed through the main parts (which is what we all did) and she loved the bloopers reel. I walked her to her car and then she gave me directions to His Hands, the church we are going to tomorrow morning at 10:00am in Woodstock, GA. I went back inside, smiling, and am excited to see what this church is like tomorrow with Christina.

Meditation of the day: Psalm 117:2 " For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD."

0 comments: