THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

From the Desk 6/4/2008

Today I made another unique smoothie drink for breakfast. This time I used vanilla yogurt, orange juice, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. It was thicker than usual due to more fruit being used, but it was very tasty. I got to work and began working on more mailing list entries. I also spent a good deal of time sending out information on some bags we are having printed. I had to modify our logo for printing on clear bags, as well as design the general layout and specify what type of ink we wanted to be used. We are going to add a barcode to the design at some point soon as we are hoping to have these in to sell for BTS (back-to-school). I also began the process of returning the displays that were originally intended to hold our gift cards and holders, but did not work the way we hoped. Time seemed to pass rather quickly today as it was lunchtime before I knew it.

After lunch I helped Stacy with a project. We are going to our major vendor’s websites to make sure that our store locations are listed and the information is accurate under the vendor’s local store section. Most of the website that I checked had some but not all of the Georgia stores, did not have any of the Tennessee stores, or still listed them as P&S School Supply. I managed to check 15 vendors before having my fill of that for the day. I will probably continue to assist Stacy in this for the rest of the week as my plate doesn’t have too much on it right now. I also worked on tweaking the packaging for a new product that we are going to carry in the stores. They are called Communicator Clearboards and are actually very versatile in their potential uses in the classroom or an office setting. The problem is that they come in a 10 pack and have no information with them telling consumers what they are looking at. They have template books that can be purchased to go with them as well, which as you can see, have also been highlighted on the information sheet. Five o’clock rolled around and it was time to go home briefly before hiking.

I went home for about 45 minutes and then changed and headed up to Cartersville to meet Mike Bruce, and Kenny for hiking at Pine Mountain. This was the first trip we took where it was all guys, which was nice for a change, and a bit different from the regular crew. We made our way up the mountain talking about Summer plans and vacations. The topic of work came up surprisingly few times, which made the trip feel like more of an escape. We returned to our cars and we each went our separate ways. On the way home I stopped off at Rite Aid to try and get my prescription refilled before I ran out. After filling out their information sheet and flashing my insurance card they got me set up 15 minutes later. While I waited I called mom and informed her of my success with refilling the prescription and talked about my upcoming trip to Charleston. I returned to my apartment and finally had dinner (at 9:20pm) after the pizza I ordered from Pizza Hut arrived. I also confirmed that I would be filming the wedding of Amy Chandler & Aaron Fraley on October 4th. I did a few other things before realizing that I was tired after hiking for a second day in a row. I took a shower and then went to bed. I doubt we will hike tomorrow, but I think that the possibility of a Friday hike is looking good as long as the weather holds out.

Meditation for the day: 1 Thessalonians 5:11 “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”

0 comments: