THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 6, 2008

From the Desk 6/6/2008

This morning I decided to splurge and stop off at Mrs. Winner's for some breakfast. I have not eaten at a Mrs. Winner's since I worked at Funscape back in 1999. It was just as good as I remembered with southern seasoned chicken on a fluffy buttery biscuit. It is no doubt much less healthy then my usual smoothies, but sometimes you have to reward yourself. I arrived at work a little early as the service at Mrs. Winner's was much quicker than I had anticipated. I answered several emails and returned a couple of phone messages I had received after I left yesterday. One of those messages was to approve the sales order and the artwork for the new lanyards that we will giveaway at the Summer Training Seminar to all the employees. I thought this had already been approved as the training is 10 days away and they said it usual takes at least 10 days to produce the 350 we ordered, but apparently they forgot to send the approval request until yesterday after 6:00. I called and quickly approved everything after reviewing the order and artwork. We had our usual website committee meeting at 10:00 this morning, but this week we had Bruce, one of the main developers of Sum/It systems join us to help us figure out what we could get done before it got too far into BTS. The meeting was short, but productive. I then went to work on entering a small stack of mailing list entries to fill the time between the end of the meeting and lunch time. I have probably entered around 1,000 of these this week and there are still 800 or so left for Taylor to enter when she comes in this weekend.

I ate the last of my leftover pizza for lunch today, but I actually ate in the break room with Stacy and Tausha who had gotten some food from Wendy's. We ate and laughed as usual, and before we knew it, our food was gone and we had to return to our desks. I didn't get much done after lunch, knowing that I was leaving around 3:30 to go home and finish the last part of the video work for the training seminar. (the picture to the left is part of the work I have to do this afternoon, but I'll explain the whole thing later). I did get everything answered and scheduled so I won't be swamped with things I could have taken care of before I left on my trip. I will probably be checking my email at certain points throughout my trip to Charleston so if you need to contact me and I don't answer my phone (and its not an emergency) you can shoot me an email. I packed everything up and went home to work on video stuff for a while. I helped Carmen put together a new desk for Mike's assistant that starts next week, and then I left for the day.

I went home and after several attempts and crashes I finally got the loop video to burn onto disc the way I wanted. By the time I finished that it was time to change clothes and head out for the evening. I met Brian and Leslie at Marlow's Tavern for a drink at 8:00. We were joined by Stacy at 9:00 after she got done with her dinner with Corey from work. By the time Stacy arrived I realized that I hadn't really eaten anything so I ordered the wings appetizer. I had half of the order in traditional buffalo sauce and the other half in their honey mustard sauce. The honey mustard wings were the tastier of the two so I will know what to get next time. We spent the majority of the time talking about Brian's interview from earlier in the day as he is trying to get a job locally since he and Leslie will be married in October. We ended up moving outside once Stacy arrived since the weather wasn't too hot. We laughed and ate while listening to the live music provided by one guy a guitar and an amp. He was pretty good though, and dad would have been proud of me for recognizing a song no one else did; "Midnight Rider" by Lynard Skynard. We were just about to leave when it started pouring rain. People sitting a the edge of the patio quickly sought cover inside. We remained dry as we were seated next to the door that connects the patio to the inside of the restaurant. We eventually gave up on waiting for the storm to pass and decided to get some exercise by running to our cars. We all made it, remaining as dry as possible, and then headed our separate ways. It was fun and a good way to spend my last day in Kennesaw for the next 4 days. Charleston, here I come!

Meditation for the day: Psalm 90:2,4 “Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.”

0 comments: