THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 1, 2008

From the Desk 5/31/2008

I woke up around 8:30 this morning and headed downstairs to the kitchen after I took a shower. I found Amy making some sweet rolls for our breakfast. I ate 3 rolls and then headed out to Victor Ash Park to meet Jubin for some frisbee golf. We met at 10:00 and began our round. We both played fairly well, without losing any discs and only having to search for them occasionally. We finished up and then I left to run a few errands. I filled up on gas, ran by Krystal to pick up a gift card, and then grabbed some lunch from Chick-fil-A. I returned to the Tuckers and ate my lunch. After satisfying my hunger, I prepared to do some yard work. I dug up one of Amy's bushes in the back of their house and then moved it up to the front flower bed. It took longer than expected and more effort than I thought it would have taken, but in the end it was worth it to "earn" my stay. I left there and went to get an oil change. I then stopped off at my parent's house and showered and changed for the wedding.

I picked Hickey up and we headed off to First Baptist Church Downtown to film the wedding. We met Brenda and Lisa in the parking garage and were greeted warmly as usual. We also found that Carlos was to be the photographer, which made us happy because he strives to work with the videographers instead competing with them. The church was beautiful and very ornate. We got everything set up and the ceremony almost went smoothly. The pastor, who was not at the rehearsal, neglected to do the unity candle ceremony. We waited around for almost an hour before the bride and groom walked out of the church and got in their horse-drawn carriage that took them to the reception. We arrived at the reception and got our pre-shots of all the food, cakes, and decorations before the guests began to stroll in. The reception was kind of odd in that after the usual events (first dance, cake cutting, etc.) 75% of the guests left and no one was really dancing. However, about the time we were going to pack up and head home, everyone started dancing and the party seemed to come back to life. We filmed for another 45 minutes and then packed our equipment up. We ran into Lisa Foster, who was there to pack up the flowers that she provided for the reception. We talked with her and her husband, Sam, for a while and then decided to dance to the Cupid Shuffle and the Cha-Cha slide with the remaining guests and the wait staff from the convention center. We headed back to Hickey's and watched a couple of episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark?. I drove to the Tuckers to spend another night courtesy of their hospitality. I watched the final minutes of the movie One Missed Call. It was a disappointing ending even though I didn't see the rest of the movie, which almost guarantees that I will not waste my time watching the parts I didn't see. I turned in earlier than the night before because I knew I would have to get up to drive Amy and myself to church for her to practice with orchestra and me to prepare for the broadcast.

Meditation for the day: Hebrews 13:4 "Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral."

0 comments: