THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 31, 2008

From the Desk 5/30/2008

Today started out an uneventful day at work. It was Friday, and payday so everyone was in a pretty good mood. Tausha was especially cheerful as she came in this morning demonstrating her ballet skills (or attempts at them). These crazy antics continued throughout the entire day which was good in the sense that it helped the time pass quickly. I spent some time before the website committee meeting, answering some emails and emailing last minute questions to Chris and Dave before they left on their vacation. The meeting went well, with some great ideas that we will work on after the back-to-school rush. I went home for lunch so I had some extra time to pack. I loaded half of my stuff in my car and then headed back to work. On the way I bought half a tank of gas for $30.00 ($3.96 per gallon)! I spent the majority of the afternoon working on printing and dividing out packets of signs to send to the stores next week. We did get to see some more dancing antics from Tausha and then she decided to see if she was taller than me when she stood on top of the desk in Stacy's cubical. 5:00 came quickly and then I headed home.

I packed up the last of my things and then headed to REI to buy a new frisbee golf disc to use tomorrow at Victor Ash Park in Knoxville. I got the disc and then hit the road to Knoxville. The drive was the usual mix of traffic and no traffic, but I did manage to avoid any rain along the way. I dropped my things off at the Tuckers and there I had my first try at Guitar Hero III for the Xbox 360. It was a blast and I picked it up rather quickly. I will certainly be playing that every chance I get when I'm in town. I met Jared, Hickey, and Chan at Applebee's for some dinner. We ate while watching the final game of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals where the Boston Celtics won their chance to play the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals next week. We left there around 12:15 and I headed back to Amy and Jon's to spend the night. I watched Jon play some Call of Duty 4 before turning in for the night.

Meditation for the day: Exodus 15:20 "Then Miriam the prophetess, Aaron's sister, took a tambourine in her hand, and all the women followed her, with tambourines and dancing."

0 comments: