THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 26, 2008

From the Desk 5/25/2008

This morning I woke up in the twin sized bed in my guest room in my apartment. I let Amy and Jon stay in my bed last night, and I didn’t sleep all that well. I think it had to do with the fact that the length of the bed led me to dream about falling since my feet stretched off the edge of the bed. Mom and Dad arrived at the apartment to pick-up myself and Amy and Jon to go to church. This morning we visited North Star Church just down the road off of Cobb Parkway. This was a very casual church (I felt slightly overdressed wearing dress pants and a dress shirt with no tie) and the service was very contemporary. The music was very powerful and it was an amazing time of worship. The pastor gave the message on 1 Peter 3:8-15. It was on how to have good days during hard times. The message was very sound and was something I needed to hear as well. The service was great overall and I will definitely go back to visit again. We returned to the apartment and began determining where we were going to go eat lunch. We went through several suggestions and eventually settled on Cracker Barrel as our lunchtime destination.

We had to wait for a few minutes before being seated, but once we sat down the service was excellent and quick. We got back to the apartment and then loaded up my guests into the van and they hit the road back to Knoxville. I was able to do a few things and take a quick nap before I had to prepare for my video shoot at the Box later in the evening. I also heard from Hickey and he had gotten a late start so he would be a little later then planned for his arrival. I headed out to the Box and gave Hickey directions along the way so he could meet me there. He arrived and we began shooting the various scenes to be used in the Summer training seminar. Everyone got their spots filmed, some taking longer than others. I will edit them down to the appropriate length and then burn them to a disc for Aimee to place into their class.

After we finished filming we headed out to The Right Wing Tavern in Woodstock to celebrate Leslie’s birthday. We got there a little late due to the filming, but when we arrived we found Stacy, Leslie, Brian, and Leslie’s friend Anna already there. We ordered some food and then the trivia games began. Our team maintained the lead for the entire game, but then lost due to a technicality of the wording in the final bonus question. Who among you would know the total amount of time that a single individual can serve as President of the United States? (If you want to know the answer, just look here) We hung out until Anna’s boyfriend, Sean, who was running the trivia could join us for a little bit. Hickey and I headed back to the apartment and caught up on what was going on in each other’s worlds. We watched a bit of Terminator 3 on TV before we turned in for the night.

Meditation for the day: 1 Peter 3:9-11 “Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For, whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech.”

0 comments: