THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

From the Desk 5/27/2008

It was hard for me to wake up this morning as I knew that work today would pass very slowly and everyone would probably be grouchy, longing for the 3-day weekend to still be going on. My predictions were right. It seemed that time stood still all day as I got lots of work accomplished, but it seemed that every time I looked at the clock it was earlier than it was the first time I looked. I ate my leftovers from the Marietta Diner for lunch today and will take mom's leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I ate while watching That 70's Show on my Mac. The plan for everyone to go hiking after work today seemed to be unraveling as most people were having a bad day. Luckily for me, Mike had a pretty good day as the new gift cards were launched in all the stores today and were working without problems. He was still on for hiking which is good because I was kind of having a blah day as well, but knew that if I did something active that it would probably make me feel better. It did.

Mike and I headed off towards Kennesaw Mountain to hike a different part of the trail. We did the loop at Burn Hickory Road near Pigeon Hill. The trail began with gentle rolling hills and nicely kept paths that were ideal for running so we ran for a little bit of that part. The trail then turned into a more narrow and winding style that we were used to seeing on the way up to Little Kennesaw. We did very good, not really stopping for a break at all. The scenery was very different as we crossed several bridges and had to cross a couple of creeks. We did not encounter any wildlife on this trip, but Mike assures me that we will eventually see some deer. I hope that we go hiking this Thursday with the group from work as it would be the fourth day in a row that I will go as I am going tomorrow, with or without anyone.

It took us a little over an hour to hike the 3.4 mile loop. Mike dropped me off at my car and I headed home. I ate a surprisingly healthy dinner of raisin bran cereal with skim milk. I watched part of a movie while I ate and found that I actually dozed off for about half an hour, which was just enough to refresh me. I woke up when Stacy called me to ask a wardrobe question for her "coffee date" tonight. I guess I have really been grouped in as one of the girls in the office, or maybe (as I like to think of it) she values my opinion as one of the only guys in the office. I'll let you decide. I gave my input and then went to work on the reception video. I worked on that until it was time to go to bed. I feel asleep quickly as the last sounds I heard before slipping into my nightly coma was the theme music from an episode of Law & Order: SVU.

Meditation for the day: Exodus 15:2 " The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."

0 comments: