THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 26, 2008

From the Desk 5/26/2008

I slept in this morning until 9:00 (which was nice for a change) and then woke Hickey up. We had some breakfast and then put together a list of songs I could put on CDs for him. We gathered up some drinks and snacks and hit the road to Cartersville. We arrived at the parking lot for the Pine Mountain trail and it was actually crowded for a change. We managed to find a place to park and then started up the trail. We were going at a fairly quick pace and only stopped once for a break on our journey to the top. We arrived at the top and took a short break, just taking in the view and enjoying the beautiful weather. We began our descent and along the way we encountered some wildlife. We saw several frogs, no doubt in search of the endangered Georgia animal (water) and we also saw a snake slithering its way off the trail.

Once we made our way back to I-75 we began to realize that we were growing quite hungry. My phone rang as we were nearing the apartment and it was Stacy. She asked what we were up to and I invited her to join us for a late lunch. After a quick discussion we settled on meeting at Mellow Mushroom. Hickey and ran by the apartment and changed since we were quite odoriferous from our hike and then we drove to Mellow Mushroom. Stacy arrived shortly after we got there and we got seated at our table. For the record, Mellow Mushroom is not very crowded at 2:45pm on Memorial Day. We split a large cheese pizza and Stacy and I spent a great deal of our meal coming up with all the reasons why Hickey should move down and be my roommate in Georgia. We ate while watching part of a Braves game and then went our separate ways. Hickey and I returned to the apartment and watched about an hour of American Pie presents Beta House before Hickey had to hit the road back to Knoxville.

After Hickey left I straightened a few things and started a load of laundry. I also took a nap as I realized that our fast paced hike took more out of me than I realized. I got everything prepared for work tomorrow and laid out a video editing schedule to help me stay on top of my now 5 on going video projects. (It can get confusing and overwhelming very fast). I got cable hooked up on the TV in my bedroom and then decided to turn in early as it will be hard to get up and go to work after having a full 3 days off from work. It was good to see everyone who visited this weekend and I will see most of you next weekend while I am up to film a wedding on Saturday the 31st.

Meditation for the day: Acts 20:24 “However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.”

0 comments: