THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

From the Desk 5/28/2008

This morning I woke up feeling a little tired, but much better than the day before. I ate some yogurt and bagels for breakfast before heading out the door to work. I took some more leftovers from the Marietta Diner for my lunch today in an attempt to not let good food go to waste. I worked more on my secret project of a loyalty program for The School Box since I had been too busy lately to work more on it. I got quite a bit accomplished and I started looking at the bigger picture of how much I had left to do before presenting it to "the bosses". I have roughly 6 pages of data, plans, and creative renderings of the program and its marketing pieces to accompany its launch. I will most likely talk to Dave about it for the first time when he gets back from vacation in a couple of weeks. I met with Chris around 10:30 to discuss some donations and a few other printing projects that I wanted to plant in her mind before things got too busy with back-to-school.

After I met with her I joined Stacy, Tausha, Blair, and Carmen at Rafferty's for some lunch. I had the chicken finger salad and it was delicious as always. We noticed that restaurants tend to do the same thing even though to the patrons it doesn't make any sense. They always cram everyone they can into one small seating section of the building before opening other areas up for dining. This was particularly annoying as we got seated away from everyone at first, but by the end of the meal we were sitting next to a baby who did not want to be there. We got our checks and after I cleared up a mistake with the waitress (they tried to charge me $2.10 for water!) we paid and returned to work. The rest of the afternoon was mostly uneventful. I was given two projects for designing some packaging for products we will carry that do not come with any eye-catching labels to tell people what is in the pack. I also was able to make, with the corrections I have up to now, the New Teachers Letter for 2008-2009. The School Box mails out a letter to all the new teachers in the state of Georgia to welcome to the field and to offer a one-time discount to help them get started on their classrooms. It is also a great marketing tool for us to reach new members of our target audience each year.

I left work and went home to start working furiously on the reception video. I had contemplated going to hike, but due to the weather (it was looking quite threatening for thunderstorms) I decided against it. My goal is be done with everything on the video and have a master disc burned by Thursday night when I go to bed. Then I can focus on the other projects I have going on and make that list much smaller. I accomplished a lot on the video, completing the slideshow, cutting of the cake, first dance, dance with parents, toasts, bouquet toss, and garter toss. With that being done all that remains to be edited is the dancing that occupied the rest of the night. I should be able to finish that in a timely manner tomorrow night. I checked my email, Facebook, and Myspace before turning in for the night. I also got my video equipment together as I have to do a little more filming tomorrow at Town Center before I can finish the video project for The School Box.

Meditation for the day: Romans 12:15 “Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.”

0 comments: