THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, August 23, 2008

From the Desk 8/23/2008

This morning I slept in just a little bit until 9:00. I was out driving around enjoying the cool weather when I received a phone call from Christina. When I answered I knew something was wrong as she sounded very upset. She told me that she had a missed call from her mom and when she called her back her mom told her that her grandmother had passed away early that morning. I felt helpless as I know I couldn't do anything to make her feel better, but I offered myself to do anything that her of her family needed. I spent a good portion of the morning praying for comfort for her family. I finally finished the picture disc for Elizabeth's wedding before eating a late lunch. I kind of didn't know what to do with the rest of the day as I was wondering how Christina was and how her family was doing. I managed to update the blog from Friday and then slept a little while watching some of a movie on TV.

I woke up and decided to read some more on the book I had reacquainted myself with earlier in the week. I managed to read a few chapters before my eyelid began twitching and I eventually ceased reading as the twitching made it difficult to concentrate. I ended up eating a light dinner while emailing my schedule for the next few weekends as I will be very busy, but no solely with wedding stuff for a change. I will be helping Leslie/Brian move from various locations to their new home both of the next 2 Saturdays (dragging Hickey in the mix to help me when he visits). I also made an extensive list of albums I would like to eventually download from itunes. (the list is long so I'm pacing myself) I received a call from Christina around 8:00 to let me know that she wanted to come over for a bit and hang out. When she arrived I fixed us some taquitos for dinner (a snack for me) while we watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on ABC Family. We watched a couple of episodes of Fresh Prince of Bel Air after that and then I walked Christina to her car and we said goodnight. I ask that all who read this blog please take a moment and pray for Christina and her family to help them through this difficult time. I ask a special prayer for her mom as she is really taking this hard right now.

Meditation for the day: Psalm 119:76 "May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant."

0 comments: