THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, August 31, 2008

From the Desk 8/30/2008

This morning I woke up and showered then woke up Hickey in the usual creative way. I placed my alarm clock on his bed about 6 inches from his face with about a minute to go before the alarm sounded. When it went off we kept trying to swat at the alarm on what he thought was on a night stand beside the bed (there wasn't one there). In the process of flailing his arms, he wrapped up the alarm clock in his other arm and only realized this once he opened his eyes and found the snooze button. He eventually got up and we made our way to Leslie's parent's house to begin moving her stuff to the new house. It took about 15 minutes to get there and we didn't get lost (thankfully). Once Mike and Aimee arrived with the School Box truck we began loading the furniture that we had already moved out to the driveway onto the truck. There was a particular piece of furniture that had it in for me. The large couch we moved gave me a slight cut on my pal under my thumb, but it didn't really bleed that much. When we moved it out to the truck, it struck again and this time I required some first aid to stop the bleeding. (see the picture for the graphic footage) We moved boxes, furniture, games, etc. and had the entire truck loaded in around and hour and a half. We figured out who was following in what order to find Leslie's new house, which no one except Leslie and Brian knew where it was. We traveled further down Cobb Parkway (Hwy 41) into Cartersville and into Euharlee in Bartow County. We arrived at the new house and after receiving a brief tour, began unloading the truck. The system was actually very effective for unloading. All the boxes went into one room and then Leslie directed where each piece of furniture was to go so there was minimal re-moving. We unloaded the entire truck and got the new HDTV set-up to watch some football in 35 minutes. Anna arrived with pizzas and drinks and then we all took a break to watch some of the Florida vs. Hawaii game while eating.

After a few minutes of rest, Mike and Aimee left to return the box truck and Anna headed out as well. Stacy, Hickey and I stayed behind to help unpack some boxes and set the furniture in the correct place within each room. We worked until around 2:00 and then Hickey and I departed to continue in our adventures. We arrived back at the apartment and decided to take it easy for a while. We watched some TV and then after eating some food broke into playing some Wii Sports. Our main game of choice was tennis and then boxing eventually was included. We created a Mii (personal character for each player that keep track of their records in the games, etc) and I think it came out looking very accurate. Here is mine for comparison (also fairly accurate in my opinion). We played about 15 matches which took over an hour of playing time, working up a little sweat.

Christina came over after she got back in town from the funeral and she joined in our tennis games. It was mostly Hickey and Christina against me as I figured I owned the game and had a bit of an advantage. We played a few games and then switched to bowling for several games. After feeling worn out from the games, we deiced to watch Transformers. (Side note: beginning a movie that is over 2 hours long at 10:45pm is not a good idea if you expect to stay awake) We watched the movie and ate some ice cream. I remember most of the movie, but woke up as the credits were scrolling. I walked Christina to her car and then said goodnight. I went back inside and crashed quickly on my bed knowing that I would have to get up in 6 hours for His Hands.

Meditation for the day: Psalm 25:3 "No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse."

0 comments: