THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 6, 2008

From the Desk 9/6/2008

This morning I woke up feeling the effects of little sleep from the night before. I changed clothes and then Brian came back with some coffee from Starbucks. We all slowly woke up with help from drinks and snacks once Brian's parents arrived to help. One of Brian's friends, Jeremy, also came to lend a hand. We made quick work of loading the truck. There was minimal pieces of furniture and a lot less boxes than the week before. It took about an hour to load the entire truck and it was packed from floor to ceiling, which meant that things should remain stationary and we will find no surprises when we re-open the door in Georgia. Leslie and Stacy headed out in Leslie's car a little ahead of everyone else so they would be ready for us when we got to the new house. I was going to accompany Brian in the truck and his parents followed us. We hit the road back to Georgia about 11:00 central time. We drove for quite a while before stopping to stretch our legs and refill on drinks and snacks. We talked a lot on the way back and Brian and I are going to be pretty good friends. It will be nice to have another guy friend that lives nearby to do things with.

We pulled into Leslie and Brian's driveway around 3:00 eastern time. We took a break and relaxed inside for several minutes before even thinking about unloading the truck. We made a list and Brian's mom went on a food run to McDonald's. While they were gone I decided to take a power nap on the couch while football was entertaining everyone else in the room. I was awakened by Brian who was holding a quarter pounder with cheese for me. That is the best way to be woken up; with food. We all ate quickly and then decided to get the rest of the work done. We unloaded the entire truck in about 30 minutes and then started re-arranging some things inside the house. Leslie's parents had come over and brought her son, Ryan. Stacy and I determined it was time to leave once Ryan began contemplating using us as target practice for his Transformers Disc Launcher. I drove Stacy home and then went home myself. I didn't realize how tired I was until I sat down and almost fell asleep in a matter of minutes. I called Christina and she was going to come over to watch a movie. I showered and then unpacked my bag from the weekend.

Christina arrived and we decided to watch "Stranger Than Fiction". It was the first time I had seen it all the way through and it was really good. If you have the opportunity I highly recommend it. I'm not a Will Ferrell fan in most roles he portrays, but his character is completely different in this movie. The movie also has a really good theme that I will sum up in this quote: "The hero in my books always die, but if your character knows that he will die and still does what he know will cause his death, isn't that the type of man you want alive in this world?" After the movie we watched some old TV shows and then it was time to say goodnight. We made plans to go to His Hands in the morning, and I went to sleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Meditation for the day: Titus 2:2 “Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance.”

0 comments: