THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 1, 2008

From the Desk 9/1/2008

This morning I slept in until 9:45 and then fired up my laptop to update my blog for the past couple of days. I let Hickey sleep until he woke up on his own (about 11:00). I was pleasantly surprised to find that I wasn't really sore from running yesterday. I ate a small breakfast and then once Hickey woke up and had packed we decided to play some Wii Tennis before he headed back to Knoxville. We wanted to win at least 3 matches and in order to do so we ended up playing 5 as we couldn't get past our opponents for 2 matches in a row. We eventually came out victorious and Hickey gathered up his bags and headed back home. It was fun having him visit and I wish he could have stayed longer so we could have gotten into some filming adventures. (there's only so much you can do in 3 days)

After Hickey left I sent Christina a text (as her phone still only can send/receive texts and not calls) and asked her if she wanted to hang out for the rest of the day. She came over a little later and we watched some TV before settling on watching "National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets". Christina really liked the movie and myself, having already seen it several times, took this time to nap unintentionally. We ran a few quick errands and picked up some food from Arby's to eat while watching the onset of the UT vs. UCLA football game. The game looked to be a victory for UT until the second half when the UCLA quarterback turned his game around 180 degrees to look like a veteran player commanding his troops on the field. Christina left before overtime started as we both had to work tomorrow. I walked her out to her car and we said goodnight. I returned to watch the overtime period in which UT ultimately lost due to a missed field goal. After looking back on the day, I seemed to take the advice of the speaker at His Hands on Sunday. I relaxed and rested all day long and he was right I felt better, but I probably should have gone to bed earlier to avoid the effects of not much sleep to start out the work week. Oh well, I'll just take a nap tomorrow after work.

Meditation for the day: 2 Timothy 1:13-14 “What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.”

0 comments: